Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are using the Flatsome theme with WooCommerce, and you've added 'Top Content' and 'Bottom Content' using Flatsome UX Blocks on your product pages. These blocks display correctly in the default language but are missing on the translated pages.
Solution:
We manually inserted the UX Blocks for the translated product category pages. Please verify if the blocks now appear as expected on your translated pages. If the blocks are still not displaying correctly, this might be due to a configuration issue or a compatibility problem between the theme and WPML.

This solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
August 7, 2024 at 3:29 am #16046025

trevorH-5

Background of the issue:
I am using the Flatsome theme with WooCommerce on my site hidden link. Flatsome theme adds 2 fields to the WooCommerce product screen to add 'Top Content' and 'Bottom Content' to product pages. I have added shortcodes to display Flatsome UX Blocks on the product page. You can see an example here: hidden link

Symptoms:
The UX Blocks are correctly displayed on the default language but are completely missing on translated pages.

Questions:
Why are the Flatsome UX Blocks not displaying on translated product category pages?
How can I ensure that the UX Blocks appear on both default and translated pages?

August 7, 2024 at 1:16 pm #16048150

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching us. I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Also, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for you?

August 12, 2024 at 8:22 am #16061001

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply. I've manually inserted the blocks here hidden link and could you please check and see if it's what you're looking for.

hidden link

August 12, 2024 at 9:01 am #16061217

trevorH-5

I can now see what the issue is.

I entered the shortcode using the default language (English). It appears that this value is not copied across to the edit category screen of other languages.

As the blocks themselves are translated is there a way to have the shortcode automatically copied to every language/

August 12, 2024 at 9:24 am #16061269

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I've looked into it and found that there isn't an automatic way to copy the shortcodes to your translated categories. The only option would be to manually paste them into each translated category.

August 12, 2024 at 11:11 am #16061845

trevorH-5

Thank you,

I feel adding this functionality would be a worthwhile improvement to your plugin.

trevorH-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-12 11:11:34.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.