Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing an issue where product variations were not visible or editable in the English version of their WooCommerce store, while in the Lithuanian version, variations were visible but not editable.
Solution:
We recommended the client to perform troubleshooting actions from WooCommerce Multilingual. Specifically:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings->Troubleshooting.
2. Execute the following actions:
- Sync products variations
- Fix translated variations relationships
After these steps, it was necessary to regenerate the variations for the affected products by going to the product edit page and clicking on 'Generate variations'.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If problems persist, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 11, 2024 at 9:31 pm

tautvydasZ

Background of the issue:
I have a problem with variations not showing in my original language. I have 2 languages in my shop: English and Lithuanian. For some reason variations aren't showing when I try to edit them in English language. All I see is how many variations there are but I can't edit any of them. In Lithuanian language I can see the variations but can't edit them since they are a translation.

Here is the link to the screenshots: hidden link.

Symptoms:

Questions:

July 11, 2024 at 9:47 pm
July 11, 2024 at 10:34 pm #15938033

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

I have run the troubleshooting actions from WooCommerce Mutlilingual -> Settings->Troubleshooting and it looks like the variation records in the database were corrupted.

After running them it now requires you to re generate the variations for this product:

hidden link

Click on Generate variations and let me know your results, please.

July 12, 2024 at 4:35 am #15939509

tautvydasZ

But now you deleted variations.. I had variations on the products but not showed. I want to have same variations in English and Lithuanian. Now I see variations on Lithuanian backend but the features is locked.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 07.32.31.png
July 12, 2024 at 4:35 am #15939525

tautvydasZ

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 07.35.22.png
July 12, 2024 at 6:18 pm #15943944

Bobby
Supporter

Manually I did not delete any variations.

What was done is the following:

Go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual-> settings->Troubleshooting

Sync products variations
Fix translated variations relationships

Can you please share with me the exact products or just one product that we can review to test on the same product?

July 13, 2024 at 8:28 am #15946872

tautvydasZ

hidden link

July 15, 2024 at 5:58 pm #15956123

Bobby
Supporter

After running the troubleshooting actions mentioned it looks like the variations were removed.

I am not sure why that is other than corrupted database entries, but you mentioned that they were working OK when deactivating WPML.

on this product hidden link

If I click on "generate" variations they are added successfully and work as expected. (original issue no longer is showing), however, being that you do have many products i understand if this is not a viable option.

Is this issue happening with more than one product? If it is happening with just this product then this can be an acceptable workaround.

If it is happening with more, we might need to debug deeper and review the database. In that case I would recommend using a backup to go a step before I run the troubleshooting actions.

July 16, 2024 at 4:52 am #15957877

tautvydasZ

Yes, the problem is with all variations products.

July 16, 2024 at 4:53 am #15957884

tautvydasZ

The server has daily backup

July 16, 2024 at 7:59 pm #15962454

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you, we are currently debugging this and will update you as soon as I have some feedback.

July 18, 2024 at 8:41 pm #15974756

tautvydasZ

When will you fix this? We need to edit the product quantity and other details immediately.

July 19, 2024 at 10:23 pm #15980051

Bobby
Supporter

When did this issue start?

Did you recently migrate the site or manually import products to your site?

When we review the database we can confirm that the entries for these variations are corrupted, meaning that instead of being registered with the default language they are registered with the secondary language, which is why re-creating them resolves this issue.

July 23, 2024 at 2:05 pm #15992648

tautvydasZ

Hi,

If I create a variation manually it doesn't dissapear but having to create so many variations is really time consuming. I tried using a premium import plugin and when I import a product with a variation the variation is hidden even though it doesn't have a translation. I attached the import file I tested with. It has one product with one variation. If you know maybe you can tell me which data is corrupted or might be causing this and I would edit it out from my products in a spreadsheet.

Import file: hidden link

Best regards,
Tautvydas

July 23, 2024 at 2:06 pm #15992649

tautvydasZ

I'm using WebToffee Import Export plugin.

tautvydasZ confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-24 20:31:22.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.