Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the font changes from Noto Serif Georgian to Roboto when switching from the Georgian version to the English version of their multilingual website.
Solution:
1. Navigate to WPML -> String Translation and use the search field to look for the font name strings. Ensure all instances, especially those under 'admin_texts' in the domain name, are translated.
2. If the font issue persists, go to the bottom of the String Translation page and click on 'Translate texts in admin screens'. Search for the font string in the admin texts, add it for translation, and translate it.
3. If these steps do not resolve the issue, it might be necessary to manually set the font via CSS for different elements like

p

h

tags, etc., to ensure it displays correctly in both languages.
4. Since the theme used is not officially compatible with WPML, consider contacting the theme author for further assistance or to make the theme compatible through our GoGlobal program: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 20 hours, 6 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
October 2, 2024 at 8:23 am #16243969

merabiS-2

Background of the issue:
I am experiencing an issue with the fonts on my multilingual website. The default language is Georgian, where the Noto Serif Georgian font is used and displayed correctly. However, when switching to the English version of the website, the font changes to 'Roboto' instead of maintaining the Noto Serif Georgian font. The site I need help with is hidden link.

Symptoms:
The font changes from Noto Serif Georgian to Roboto when switching from the Georgian version to the English version of the site.

Questions:
How can I ensure that the Noto Serif Georgian font is used consistently across all language versions of my site?

October 2, 2024 at 8:45 am #16244099

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

You have been inactive for a while so chat was converted to ticket.

Please try the steps shared and let me know how it goes:

1. Go to WPML -> String Translation and use the search field at the top of the table to search for the strings (font name). Make sure all instances of the string are translated, but specifically with customizer texts, you should see admin_texts as part of the domain name.

2. If you still don't see results, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Translate texts in admin screens. Then search in the admin texts for the string.

3. Add it for translation and translate.

Regards,
Drazen

October 2, 2024 at 11:25 am #16245201

merabiS-2

I translated font name but still have the same issue

Screenshot 2024-10-02 152441.png
October 3, 2024 at 6:11 am #16247923

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

let me have a look, I will try to check, but please note since the theme is not officially compatible there could be issues.

Make sure you have a backup.

Please share admin access to safe box bellow chat.

Regards,
Drazen

October 3, 2024 at 12:57 pm #16250126

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks, I checked but I could not make it work. I also see they have a customizer option: Font for English, but that doesn't seem to have effect. Also, on their website, they have instructions how to make it work with WPML, but the link is not working, so maybe the best would be to contact the theme author to advise how to make it work.

Please note, that this theme is not officially on our compatible list, so some issues may occur, we would be glad to work with them and make it officially compatible, please ask them to join our GoGlobal program: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

The best workaround is to set the font manually vis CSS, for p, h tags and etc, and it should work fine on both languages.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

October 3, 2024 at 8:52 pm #16252039

merabiS-2

Hi
I checked the website and it works fine. May i know what did you changed?

Anyway thank you very much

Regards

October 4, 2024 at 8:26 am #16252883

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

in the customizer, there was option/ section for font for English and I have selected the correct one.

Regards,
Drazen

merabiS-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-03 20:52:19.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.