Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is using WPML with WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency and has successfully translated the STORES URL, but the PRODUCT BASE SLUG remains the same even after translation.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend checking if the French slug is already in use for another product category base, post type, endpoint, or taxonomy. If it's not, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to WPML > String Translation.
2. Search for the English product-base slug and delete it if found.
3. Go back to WPML > String Translation and scroll to the Post Type Translation section.
4. Under the "Products" post type, click on the link labeled Set different slugs in different languages for Products and set a French slug for the product post type.
5. Save the changes and verify if the product base appears correctly in French.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.65 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 19, 2024 at 8:55 pm #16085242

antoineC-28

Background of the issue:
I am using WPML with WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency to translate my site hidden link. I have successfully translated the STORES URL.

Symptoms:
The PRODUCT BASE SLUG remains the same even after translation.

Questions:
How can I translate the PRODUCT BASE SLUG?

August 20, 2024 at 11:06 am #16086720

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're experiencing. Based on the screenshot, it appears that the French slug has been added correctly. Since the slug is not displaying properly on the French product, could you please check to ensure that the French slug is not already in use for the product category base or as a slug for another post type, endpoint, or taxonomy?

If the French slug hasn't been used elsewhere, please try the following steps to see if they resolve the issue:

1. Go to "WPML > String Translation."
2. Search for the English product-base slug.
3. If it appears in the results, select and delete the string.
4. Next, go to "WPML > String Translation" and scroll down to the Post Type Translation section.
5. Under the "Products" post type, you'll find a link labeled Set different slugs in different languages for Products. Click on that and set a French slug for the product post type.
6. Save the changes and check if the product base appears correctly in the French language.

Please let me know if the steps above helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

August 20, 2024 at 6:25 pm #16088091

antoineC-28

Thank you!

It worked perfectly!

antoineC-28 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-20 18:25:44.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.