Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to see the translated Divi footer in Dutch and English on their website, despite translating it via WPML's String Translation. The footer remained in French, and the content appeared empty under WPML → Translation Management.
Solution:
We advised the client to increase the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to at least 256M, as the initial setting was too low (40M). Instructions for increasing this limit can be found here: https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/#how-to-increase-your-sites-memory-limit.
Additionally, we located the specific footer template and directed the client to use the translation editor accessible via the plus sign in the WPML Translation Management dashboard. This allowed the client to manually translate the footer into Dutch and English.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly suggest checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 1 week, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
September 24, 2024 at 2:16 pm

Dimitri Blomme

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate my custom Divi footer on a site under development. When using the String translation, I am able to find the Divi footer string I have created.

Symptoms:
I translate it and the translation is not available in my 2 translated languages (Dutch & English). The footer remains in French. I was careful to clear the cache.

Questions:
Why is my translated Divi footer not appearing in Dutch and English?
Is there a specific step I am missing in the String Translation or Translation Management process?

September 24, 2024 at 2:44 pm
September 24, 2024 at 2:47 pm #16215660

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello again,

I found the concerned footer, it turned out to be this one : hidden link

You can click on the plus sign on the right to open the translation editor and modify my Dutch translation if necessary, you could do the same with English and do the translation yourself.

After translating to Dutch, the footer is now showing in the right language : hidden link

Best,

September 25, 2024 at 8:53 am #16219107

Dimitri Blomme

Hello Ilyes,
Thanks for your reply.
How did you get to this page?
I can't find this footer post in the Divi Library.
I've translated the EN version, all the elements on the translation page are indicated as translated, but it says that I'm 88% of the way through the translation, so the footer is still in FR on the EN version.

Thanks for your reply.

Dimitri

Capture d’écran 2024-09-25 à 10.50.51.png
September 25, 2024 at 9:17 pm #16222575

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I have recorded a video to show you where I found the footer and how to solve the translation completion percentage : hidden link

Your English footer is now showing correctly,

Best,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.