Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues where product quantities are not updating across different language versions in your WooCommerce store after a sale, this could be due to the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin not being active.
Solution:
We recommend activating the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin to ensure that stock statuses are synchronized across all languages. Here's how you can resolve the issue:
1. Activate the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. If it's not installed, navigate to Plugins > Add New > Commercial and install it from there.
2. Once activated, retranslate the affected product.
3. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status tab.
4. Scroll down to the "Troubleshooting" section and select the option as shown in this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r8qJw53f8lSO. Then, click on the Start button to synchronize the stock status across languages.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
September 19, 2024 at 6:18 am #16196027

luigia-11

Background of the issue:
I have a big problem. When I insert products on my ecommerce and enter quantity 1... when I sell the product in one language it does not update in the other languages. If the product is not listed as "out of stock" in all languages, it happens that some customers can buy it in the version of the site in another language. Maybe I made a mistake in initially choosing to create duplicate pages for each product. Can we go back to simply translating the existing page from the primary language? What site do you need help with? hidden link

Symptoms:
Product quantity does not update across different languages when a product is sold.

Questions:
Can we go back to simply translating the existing page from the primary language?

September 19, 2024 at 7:10 am #16196260

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're facing. Upon reviewing the WPML Debug Info, I noticed that the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin is not active on your site. To synchronize stock status or product quantities across different languages, it's essential to have the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin active. This will ensure that the stock status field is synced properly. As a result, when the default product goes out of stock, the translated versions will also reflect the same stock status.

For more details about the WooCommerrce multilingual plugin, please check this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Please activate the WooCommerce multilingual plugin on your site and retranslate the product. If you haven't installed it yet, please go to the "Plugins > Add New > Commercial" tab and install and activate the plugin from there.

Once activated, retranslate the product. You can also do the following steps to synchronize the stock status across languages.

- Please go to "WooCommerce > WooCommmerce Multilingual > Status" tab
- Scroll down and click on the "Troubleshooting" link
- Select the option marked in this screenshot(hidden link) and click on the Start button.

Please let me know if the information above helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

September 20, 2024 at 6:47 am #16201328

luigia-11

perfect!

luigia-11 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-20 06:47:55.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.