Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that the banner image on their blog category page was not translated, despite being processed through the Media Translation plugin. This issue was specific to the blog category page, as translations worked correctly on other pages.
Solution:
We discovered that the issue occurred only on the category page and suggested a workaround. We recommended rearranging the blocks on the page: moving the column containing the image block above the column that has the WordPress Archive Output block. This change should allow the translated image to display correctly on the frontend.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking for related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If problems persist, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
July 2, 2024 at 8:10 am #15873467

lucap-5

Well, thank you.

Now it looks correct, that is great.
Only thing that is still wrong is the banner image since it is not translated, even though has been correctly "translated" via the Media Translation plugin...

Do you know why this is happening and how to fix it?

July 2, 2024 at 8:21 am #15873506

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Here is the new ticket. I notice that the image file URL is adjusted by the plugin "Media Library Folders"
hidden link

it should have the following format
hidden link

that might cause the issue. I suggest you use a shortcode or a HTML code to show the image then translate the image URL in the Advanced Translation Editor.

Refer documentation https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/

The plugin "Media Library Folders" is not available in our list of compatible plugins (https://wpml.org/plugin/), I suggest you contact the plugin author and ask them to join our Go Global program where our Compatibility developers will help them to make their product compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

July 2, 2024 at 8:26 am #15873529

lucap-5

Mmh, that is weird.

If that plugin was the issue, the images should appear untranslated in all pages, and that is not the case.

The images are correctly translated in all pages, except this one.

See here:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

and here:
hidden link
hidden link

The media translation is working everywhere but in the blog category page.

I am sure the reason must be another one right?

July 2, 2024 at 9:40 am #15873907

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Strange, I can see that issue on the category page only. I also replicate it on the sandbox site that I shared before hidden link

If I move the column that has the image block above the column that has the WordPress Archive Output block, then the translation image is displayed in the frontend correctly. Can you please confirm it works on your site with this workaround?

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Edit WordPress Archives Block “Category layout” ‹ Sandbox — WordPress 2024-07-02 16-28-15.png
July 2, 2024 at 9:59 am #15874171

lucap-5

It's working!!

It seems that the Archive Output and the Archive Loop are very delicate to work with...

I spent A LOT of hourse trying to fix this but I could not find a solution.

You have been extremely helpful, thank you so much Long!

lucap-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-02 09:59:32.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.