Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
August 12, 2024 at 11:50 am #16062024

sophieJ-3

Background of the issue:
I have been facing an issue since the latest update. When we try to access the default language login page (english), the users are redirected to the Dutch login page. It works fine as soon as I deactivate WPS Hide Login plugin, but the bug happens when WPS Hide Login is activated. For now the WPS Hide Login plugin is deactivated, so if you try to access the page in English, it will work. I tried to contact WPS Hide Login without any success: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/when-accessing-default-language-login-page-redirected-to-other-language/

Symptoms:
When accessing the default language login page (English), users are redirected to the Dutch login page.

Questions:
Could you please check it out and let me know how to fix it?

August 12, 2024 at 11:59 am #16062037

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

you were inactive so the chat was converted to a ticket.

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons, and themes.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:

hidden link

- Try to replicate the issue with a simple example page.

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Regards,

Drazen

August 12, 2024 at 12:14 pm #16062126

sophieJ-3

Hello Dražen Duvnjak,

I was online, but the chat got disconnected and then I could not answer you, only had the option to reopen a ticket.

I don't have time anymore to do this so will come back to you when I can take care of that as I need to set up all settings like my environment.

Will keep you posted.
Regards,
Sophie

August 12, 2024 at 12:26 pm #16062130

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sophie,

sure, let us know when it is possible and how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

August 18, 2024 at 12:46 pm #16081304

sophieJ-3

So I found out where the issue came from.

Here is the environment needed to reproduce the issue, which I cannot do on your staging website as I need Elementor Pro licence but only have one already used on my live website.

Seems a bug related to WPML and Actions Packs activated together as I do not face the error for the French page which like Dutch is an additional language. I only got the issue for the default language which is English and that is redirected to the dutch page instead of showing the English page.

Plugin: WPML, Elementor, Elementor Pro, Actions Pack

1. Need to create a login page with an elementor form
2. Add "actions submit" feature to the form > Login > then Change the redirection
3. Translate the login page in Dutch (as other languages seem to work)
4. Access /wp-login.php > you are redirecting to the Dutch page instead of the login page

Let me know when you have been able to reproduce the error, will be waiting for your news,

Kind regards,
Sophie

August 18, 2024 at 12:48 pm #16081305

sophieJ-3

4. Access /wp-login.php > you are redirecting to the Dutch custom login page instead of the english custom login page

August 19, 2024 at 9:31 am #16082650

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I have activated Elementor PRO on the sandbox website, but I can not find the Actions Pack plugin in the free plugins repo. Can you please add this plugin, try to reproduce the issue, and let us know so we can check further?

But please note that since this plugin is not officially compatible with wpml, issues can happen, and we might need plugin author collaboration here.

Regards,
Drazen

August 19, 2024 at 6:35 pm #16084977

sophieJ-3

Hello, I tried but I cannot as I don't have an extra licence key for your test website so Actions Packs does not work on your website so I cannot reproduce the bug as explained previously. Indeed, you need to contact the developer and check out with them. They have access to my staging website.

Here are info you can provide them so they have all the details: issue is explained in the following Chat Conversation that started on : Sunday, August 18, 2024, at 14:26 and where they told me to contact WPML.

And here are the various tickets that have been automatically opened after the chat so I am not sure which one is active: #3293 // #3303 // #3425 // #3426.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kind regards,
Sophie

August 20, 2024 at 5:58 am #16085683

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sophie,

best we can do is ask the plugin author to join our GoGlobal compatibility program and collaborate with our team, to help get their product compatible with wpml. That said I advise you to do the same and share the next link with them:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

There is not much more I can do from the support side here since the plugin author needs to collaborate with our compatibility team.

Hopefully, they will be interested in collaboration and my reply makes sense.

Regards,
Drazen

August 20, 2024 at 6:58 am #16085764

sophieJ-3

I sent the link to this conversation on the 4 support tickets that are opened. Also contacted their chat, and according to them one of their developers is checking the issue out and will come back to me in 2 or 3 days.

So please keep this ticket open in case the dev needs something from WPML and I will keep you posted on the progress,

Kind regards,
Sophie

August 20, 2024 at 7:02 am #16085784

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

great, glad to hear that.

The ticket will be opened, and you will get notice in 1-2 weeks before it is going to be closed, so you can share an update with us.

Regards,
Drazen

August 24, 2024 at 5:40 pm #16100518

sophieJ-3

Hello Drazen,

All good for this now, I could solve it with Actions Packs.

You can close the staging environment now.

Best regards,
Sophie

sophieJ-3 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-24 17:40:08.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.