Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
February 6, 2024 at 11:51 pm #15274173

surajN

how do i add custom links and images on the translated site. I have done the translation. My login page english is hidden link, whereas for german is hidden link and spanish is hidden link. Id like to make sure the custom links are added to the translation along with native local images on those translated pages. Thanks
Please note i dont want to translate the login page and register page. I just need to make sure the already translated page shows the links with the correct language extension. Currently hidden link shows login button which goes to my.studentai.app/login instead of my.studentai.app/de/login. SImilarly the images are also from english. How do i translate those.a

February 7, 2024 at 3:23 pm #15277350

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please try the following steps to translate the button links:

1. Edit the translation of the page where the buttons are added (with the Advanced translation editor)
2. Use the search field to find the original button link
3. Translate it

Please check this guide for more details: https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/02/translating-links-with-advanced-translation-editor/

Regarding the image translation, please try this:

1. Install the WPML Media Translation addon
2. Go to WPML > Media Translation
3. Find the image and click the Edit icon for the translation
4. Click "Use a different file" and upload the new image

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

Screenshot_630.png
Screenshot_632.png
Screenshot_633.png
February 10, 2024 at 11:09 pm #15289038

surajN

Hi, I have activated advanced translation editor but still dont see whats shown on the video of being able to search url. I can only search text. See screenshot and the url in it.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 11.06.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 11.08.28 PM.png
February 11, 2024 at 8:26 pm #15290618

Mohamed Sayed

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to investigate the issue further.
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website first❌

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

February 12, 2024 at 10:35 am #15292182

Mohamed Sayed

The buttons are created with a custom theme widget, the button text is already registered for translations with a custom XML in WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration tab.

But the URL field is not included, so I updated the code from:

<widget name="copygen-themebtns-v1">
      <fields>
        <field>button_text</field>
      </fields>
</widget>

To:

<widget name="copygen-themebtns-v1">
      <fields>
        <field>button_text</field>
        <field>button_link>url</field>
      </fields>
</widget>

Then updated the original header template "Header 3", now you can see the buttons URLs when searching for "https" in the translation editor.

Please update/edit the header translations and search for the URL then translate them.

Kindly check this guide for more info about how to register the custom Elementor widgets: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Kind regards,
Mohamed

Monosnap Advanced Translation Editor - WPML - Goog.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.