Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Beaver Builder - Saved Modules in other languages (not the default language) can not be saved after creation.

Solution:

This issue is fixed with the latest versions of Beaver Builder and WPML.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 8, 2020 at 5:16 pm #6323759

emmanuelS-7

Hi Itamar,

Sorry to relaunch this old thread again, any chance that you can test my last suggestion above please?

Thanks
Emmanuel

June 9, 2020 at 10:28 am #6329647

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see that there is a problem with adding the Sidebar : Contact général EN saved module. But I get it as a button module and not as a heading module as you get. Please see the attached screenshot.

Could it be that this issue is only happening with the PowerPack for Beaver Builder modules?

2020-06-09_13-24-55.jpg
June 9, 2020 at 10:51 am #6329775

emmanuelS-7

Hi Itamar,

Thanks for your test.

Exactly, when you drop "Sidebar : Contact général EN" saved module (PowerPack InfoBox module) in the layout, it's "Test module 1 EN" saved module that appears (BB Button module).

You'll get the same error while dropping "Séparateur EN" saved module (BB Separator module) in the layout, "Test module 1 EN" will appear instead.

Probably a referral error in the DB, what do you think?

Emmanuel

June 9, 2020 at 10:55 am #6329867

Itamar
Supporter

Is the Séparateur EN module also a PowerPack module?
Or it is a built-in BB module?

June 9, 2020 at 11:52 am #6330685

emmanuelS-7

It's a BB module, not a PP. 😉

June 10, 2020 at 4:38 pm #6344263

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've once again thoroughly investigated this issue and found out that the problem with the old saved modules ('Sidebar : Contact général EN' and 'Séparateur EN') that you showed as examples were caused because the modules themselves as well as the page (test-3-en) had been translated with WPML's Translation Editor. But please let me remind you that the issue of this ticket is to be able to add saved modules in the other language (English in your case) without connection to the original default language. This we already fixed and you confirmed that it is fixed. So if you want to use WPML's Translation Editor to translate the saved modules as well as the pages you MUST stick to this method. Otherwise, problems, like we saw, could occur.

Specifically for the "Sidebar : Contact général EN" module I was able to make it work. But the procedure is quite cumbersome. Here is what I did:

1. I disconnected the "Sidebar : Contact général EN" saved module from its original "Sidebar : Contact général" French module. And also disabled its translation with the Translation Editor. Please see the attached screenshots sc-1.jpg and sc-2.jpg.

2. Then I also followed the Beaver Builder documentation on how to Convert the global saved row, column, or module to the standard. Please see it at the following link.
hidden link

3. And now it is possible to do add it to the English page and it shows correctly with the type that it needs to be. Please see the attached screenshot sc-3.jpg.

But I think that this process is not so good and it would be much easier to create new saved modules in the English pages and assign them to the English pages where you want them to show. I did this to the Séparateur EN module. Now you would find a new module "New English separator" which works fine.

Please let me know if you have further questions about this issue or mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

sc-3.jpg
sc-1.jpg
sc-2.jpg
June 13, 2020 at 12:22 am #6362545

emmanuelS-7

Sorry Itamar, i didn't find the time to answer you.
Thanks much for your details, i'll try to fix my issue this weekend and will report!

June 14, 2020 at 3:17 pm #6367887

Itamar
Supporter

OK, I'll wait for your reply.
Otherwise please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 14, 2020 at 3:28 pm #6367889

emmanuelS-7

Hi Itamar,

Didn't had the time to check yes, sorry!
No problem, i won't miss marking the ticket.

June 15, 2020 at 9:29 am #6371481

Itamar
Supporter

OK, no problem. I'll wait for your reply.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.