Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adam 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
November 22, 2022 at 8:59 pm #12514925

Adam

I am trying to activate WPML on my site:
hidden link

I can login to the Dashboard, but when I try to activate the plug-in I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: item should be a Collection or an array or an object in /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php:112 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}(NULL, 'setup_complete', false) #1 /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(152): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #2 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}(NULL, 'setup_complete', false) #3 /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php(56): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #4 /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php(90): WPML\FP\Obj::__callStatic('propOr', Array) #5 [internal function]: WPML in /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php on line 112

Here is my login for the admin area:

[removed]

Please let me know if there is any other info you need.

Peter

November 23, 2022 at 2:37 pm #12520273

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Hope you are using the latest version of WPML(4.5.14 Series). Please try the following steps after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Deactivate & delete all WPML Plugins from the Plugins list
2) Visit https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and download the latest version of WPML plugins
3) Upload the latest version of the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin to the plugins directory
4) Activate the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin
5) Then upload & activate WPML add-ons like String Translation, Media Translation, etc.. one by one

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 23, 2022 at 3:00 pm #12520433

Adam

Hi Bigul,

I just tried doing the steps you mentioned, but I'm still getting the error below when I try to activate WPML Multilingual CMS plug-in (Step #4).

I do not have any of the WPML add-ons installed or activated.

Error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: item should be a Collection or an array or an object in /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php:112 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}(NULL, 'setup_complete', false) #1 /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(152): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #2 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}(NULL, 'setup_complete', false) #3 /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php(56): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #4 /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php(90): WPML\FP\Obj::__callStatic('propOr', Array) #5 [internal function]: WPML in /home1/accdev/public_html/clients/STEMCELL/22-209/site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php on line 112

November 23, 2022 at 3:17 pm #12520535

Adam

By the way, I also just tried the steps you had suggested in the following support thread, but that did not work either:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-happen-after-update-wpml/

November 23, 2022 at 3:38 pm #12520689

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Have you tried the following steps? Because it may help us to track the issue. Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts.

a) Backup your site first[Mandatory]
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2022
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) Then check whether the issue is existing or not
e) If the issue is gone, activate the plugins as a group of three or four to find which one has an interaction issue
f) Switch back to the original theme of the site

Just to make sure, are you configuring WPML for the first time on this site?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 23, 2022 at 3:47 pm #12520725

Adam

Hi Bigul,

I tried those steps and I'm still having the issue. This even happens when I have all other plug-ins disabled AND I have switched to a default WordPress theme (Twenty Twenty-Two).

This site is a mirror of another live site that already has the latest version of WPML installed, and has had WPML installed for a long time:
hidden link

Both that original site and my site are running PHP 7.4.

I've even tried switching the PHP versions on my mirror site's server (7.3, 7.4, 8.0) and I am still getting the error.

November 23, 2022 at 5:00 pm #12521429

Adam

Hi Bigul,

I fixed the issue.

I think there was a database corruption issue at my end - I may have introduced some errors since I edited some path names in the MySQL DB file before importing to my DEV server.

I tried manually mirroring the site again without editing the DB first, and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.