Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues where changes made to a calculator plugin and media translations are not displayed on the Italian and English translations of the homepage, despite working on a subpage.
Solution:
We recommend the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Navigate to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration.
2. Add the following code and save:

<wpml-config><br />  <shortcodes><br />    <shortcode><br />      <tag>fusion_imageframe</tag><br />      <attributes><br />        <attribute label="Image: Alt Text">alt</attribute><br />        <attribute label="Image: Link" type="link">link</attribute><br />        <attribute type="media-ids">image_id</attribute><br />        <attribute label="Image: Dynamic Params">dynamic_params</attribute><br />        <attribute label="Image: Title">caption_title</attribute><br />        <attribute label="Image: Caption">caption_text</attribute><br />      </attributes><br />    </shortcode><br />  </shortcodes><br /></wpml-config>

3. Make a small change on the page that contains the image and save.
This should allow you to translate the URL of the image directly in the translation editor.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
June 26, 2024 at 2:27 pm

frankH-46

Background of the issue:
I have made changes to the home page, but the changes made to a calculator plug-in (integrated via Shotscode) and the media translation of some images/graphics with text are not displayed on the Italian and English translations. The media translation still works on a subpage that has not been changed (hidden link). I suspect that one of the current settings in WPML is preventing the update. I have spoken to Lucas Vidal de Andrade before.

Symptoms:
Changes in 'Media Translation' and from plug-ins are no longer translated.

Questions:
Why are the changes made to the calculator plug-in and media translation not displayed on the Italian and English translations of the home page?
Could a current setting in WPML be preventing the update of translations on the home page?

June 26, 2024 at 2:51 pm
June 26, 2024 at 6:50 pm #15836716

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Please upgrade your WordPress installation and try recreating the translations. Do not forget to make a full website backup before proceeding.

If that doesn't work, please provide me with a step-by-step on how I can reproduce the issues. For instance, where I should update the translations and where I should check if they are working in the Front End.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

June 26, 2024 at 7:42 pm #15836990

frankH-46

Ok, half way through …

June 26, 2024 at 8:08 pm #15837047

frankH-46

I am sorry to say, that it doesnt work.

here is my process:
at media i uploaded the new picture »GTS-Drei-Saeulen-Grafik-NEU-1024x460-3.png«

Down at WPML > Media translation i uploaded the italian und english version of that picture and pressed the button ›save media translation«
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.36.51.png

Now i went to the Homepage, opened the Avada Live-builder, opened the nested object and loaded the new image, saved the nested object, saved, the whole site and went to the backend.

Here translation field indicates, that EN and IT have to be updated.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.41.51.png

Because that site is so old i use the classic translation editor.

WPML tells me now, that 67% percent of translation is done, so i start to tik the boxes till 100%, then i click »Safe and Leave«.

One thing to notice: i remember an earlier stage, where the image-links were included in this window and you had to switch the image-URL, but that that changed at some point without me being able to trace the time properly. Or my brain is playing tricks on me.

The other important thing is: i’m using global elements on the homepage, because some of these modules are used on different pages, too. That’s the important point on that GTS-Calculator-PlugIn, because its placed within one of these global elements via shortcode.

So im heading to the Avada library, and my global elements asks for a update as well.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.53.12.png

You can see the shortcode here:

Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.55.31.png

So now i have added a new picture, have updated the home-site and the global element.
After that — to my understanding — translation process is done.

German site shows correct dropdown and the new image, but nothing happens on IT and EN, sorry.

The Screenshots are uploaded the wrong way around, i have startet with my the first screenshot, that is mentioned in my description, buts now the last underneath. You need to look them up in revers 😉

I hope my description will helps to figure out, what went wrong. My client does a presentation on friday and isn’t very amused.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 22.02.31.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 22.02.17.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.55.31.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.53.12.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.41.51.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.36.51.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-26 um 21.40.42.png
June 27, 2024 at 7:13 am #15841170

frankH-46

Hi,
hello i just wanted to check if my report covers all your questions or if you need more information.

June 27, 2024 at 11:36 am #15843536

frankH-46

I am sorry to complain, but my client sits in my back and asks over and over again, if you can provide us with some information about status? As i mentioned earlier, he got a presentation tomorrow …

June 27, 2024 at 12:42 pm #15843918

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hey there, I'm still looking into your issue. As a quick workaround, since this is a time-critical matter, I recommend you translate the pages manually. This way, you can insert directly the images in the layout of the translated pages.

You can do the same for the dropdowns. Create a temporary one for each language and insert them into the manually translated pages. Here's a more in-detail explanation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/#:~:text=When%20you%20need%20completely%20different,language%20and%20write%20from%20scratch.&text=3.2.,then%20on%20the%20Duplicate%20button.

I'll get back once I have a better solution.

June 27, 2024 at 1:20 pm #15844268

frankH-46

As mentioned before this is now very urgent. There as no reaction so far, please escalate to next level and your supervisor. Looking forward to your quick reply.

June 27, 2024 at 1:28 pm #15844303

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Regarding the translation of the shortcode, I noticed it is a custom shortcode, from an unverified plugin.

Have you followed our documentation on the subject already?
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/translate-custom-shortcodes-with-wpml/

June 27, 2024 at 1:38 pm #15844442

frankH-46

Sorry, somehow youre answer and my last request have overlapped.

June 27, 2024 at 2:16 pm #15844704

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Have you tried translating it manually, as I instructed? This should be a quick fix, while we look for permanent solution. Escalating usually takes a few days, I will do that in parallel, in case it's needed, but it's definetely not the quickest way.

Please let me know your thoughts on the workaround I suggested. I'm still investigating what's going on with the images.

June 27, 2024 at 2:34 pm #15844815

frankH-46

We have solved the issue with the plugIn.
Now only the problem with media translation is still open.

Have I got it right in my head that in earlier times the translation of images was handled within the translation editor?

So it must have something to do with the current settings of WPML that they are no longer translated. Could you please take another look?

June 27, 2024 at 2:56 pm #15845040

frankH-46

Escalating isn’t necessary an more, since we were able to solve at least one problem.

On manual translation:
The page is too long and too detailed to translate it manually into two additional languages. We have therefore agreed with the customer on the temporary solution of displaying the two images on Home in English for all langauges.

June 27, 2024 at 9:07 pm #15846654

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

I think it was able to do translate the media information directly through the old translation editor, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm getting a second opinion with our devs. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them. I'm glad you were able to find a suitable workaround and really appreciate your patience 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.