Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the Elementor WooCommerce products archive layout appears correctly in Dutch but not in English on their website. In Dutch, only selected product pictures are displayed, whereas in English, all products are shown without the option to select which ones to display.
Solution:
We recommended checking if the custom CSS code we added resolves the issue. If the layout still appears different in English compared to Dutch, it might be due to settings or restrictions within the Elementor template that are language-specific. We suggest:
1. Verifying the Elementor template settings for each language.
2. Applying consistent settings across languages if possible.
3. Checking for any additional options in Elementor that might control visibility and layout per language.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, or if the solution seems outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can also visit our support forum at https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
September 6, 2024 at 1:49 pm #16149173

gwennyE

Background of the issue:
I use Elementor to create a product archive. In Dutch, it appears good at hidden link. In English, the layout is not good. The layout of the page is totally different.

Symptoms:
The Elementor WooCommerce products archive layout appears good in Dutch but not in English. The layout of the page is totally different.

Questions:
Why is the Elementor WooCommerce products archive layout different in English compared to Dutch?
How can I make the English version of the product archive layout appear the same as the Dutch version?

September 6, 2024 at 2:41 pm #16149412

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for reaching out.

I’ve reviewed your website at hidden link and can confirm the issue you're experiencing.

Could you please go to the Product Archive Elementor Template, remove the English version of the translated template, and then use the duplicate feature? This should help ensure it displays correctly on the English language page. Let me know how it goes.

September 7, 2024 at 9:24 am #16151006

gwennyE

I can't remove an english template. There is only one template.
I have 2 pages
gwennyeeckels.com/winkel
gwennyeeckels.com/shop
They both have the same template "product archive".

I made an adjustment on the template but the english version keeps going wrong...

September 9, 2024 at 8:19 am #16154341

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

September 9, 2024 at 3:39 pm #16157540

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please check and see if it looks correct now? I've added some custom CSS code to address this.

September 10, 2024 at 6:19 am #16159361
gwennyE

Hello Kor,

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately the problem is not solved, because it's not the lay out of the picture format but it's the lay out of the page/template of the product archive displays different in different languages.

On the Dutch page you see only product pictures of animals.
It's because i can choose witch one to display or not.

On the English page all products are displayed. And there is no option to change this because there is only one template to work on.

Kind regards,
Gwenny

Thank you for the square lay out anyway, i do like it 😉

New threads created by Kor and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-woocommerce-products-archive-showing-the-wrong-products/

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-09-10 om 08.17.03.png
September 10, 2024 at 5:44 pm #16163108

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like you to know that our support policy allows us to take care of only one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

So I've split the ticket here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-woocommerce-products-archive-showing-the-wrong-products/ so that we could check on the product archive page showing the wrong products in secondary language.

As for this ticket, since you're okay with the layout, you can mark this ticket as resolved.

gwennyE confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-10 18:31:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.