Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
January 27, 2023 at 3:41 pm #12905345

walkmew

We would like to seek your help as we are having difficulties creating, saving and publishing certain posts on our site.

By looking at the new relic logs, it appears the queries from WPML are taking long time to process.
This one specific request appear to be the cause
WPML_Media_Post_With_Media_Files::_get_ids_from_media_array

It appears that we need to optimize the setting for WPML and would greatly appreciate
if you can help us in the regard.

Please kindly help us identify the problem and the solution to the problem.

We've replicated the production environment to the following environment.
We can also provide logs as well as access to New Relic tool as needed to diagnose the problem
Below is the query and stack trace New Relic provided when that page was updated.
in mysqli_query called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php (2187)
in wpdb::_do_query called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php (2076)
in wpdb::query called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php (2816)
in wpdb::get_col called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php (3262)
in WP_Query::get_posts called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php (3749)
in WP_Query::query called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wp.php (663)
in WP::query_posts called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/class-wp.php (783)
in WP::main called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-includes/functions.php (1332)
in wp called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-blog-header.php (16)
in require called at /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/index.php (17)

January 30, 2023 at 2:13 am #12918197

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

1.- Could you provide some screenshots where we can see the difference in loading time when the WPML plugins are activated/deactivated when the creating/saving posts are performed so we can see the problem?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site in the section that appears below this ticket

In this link, you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please don't paste the debug information within the ticket

Regards,
Carlos

January 30, 2023 at 7:00 am #12918655

walkmew

Hello Carlos,

I have shared the debug information. Also, please find the attached screen-shots.

We are getting loading time issue on our live site where we cannot uninstall the plugin.

Thanks

relic-query.png
relic-graph.png
wpml-query.png
post-time.png
January 30, 2023 at 4:21 pm #12923445

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello,
Thank you for your message

In order to isolate the cause of the issue I kindly ask you to follow these steps:
- Create a full backup of the site or create a staging site with a copy of the live site
- Update any outdated plugins or themes
- Flush any cache memory that might exists
- Deactivate all plugins, including WPML ones
- Activate a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Twenty
- Activate the WPML plugins
- If the performance issue disappeared, then start by activating the theme and then the plugins, one by one, until the issue appears again and you find the culprit

Could you tell me the results of the steps described above?

Regards,
Carlos

February 1, 2023 at 5:35 am #12934739

walkmew

Hey Carlos,

First of all, we are getting this issue only on my production environment and so we cannot follow all the steps as you mentioned above.
Can you please tell me that another user was facing the same problem, so what was your solution to resolve his issue?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/high-cpu/

It appears to me that we have been having this problem since working on the following ticket. so can you please check this problem from your end?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/a-communication-error-has-appeared-please-wait-a-few-minutes-and-try-again-3/

Thanks

February 1, 2023 at 10:08 am #12935859

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

In your first message (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/high-cpu-usage-wpml/#post-12905345) you mentioned that "We've replicated the production environment to the following environment." so I understood that you were able to replicate the issue in the dev environment.

If you cannot reproduce the performance problem in the dev site, it means that the cause of the issue is not WPML.

If the issue persists in the dev environment, then WPML might be related to this issue but we need to determine who is really causing the problem.

In order to isolate the cause of the issue, the steps I described in my previous message must be followed, in the production or in the dev environment, but it's the way to find out who is the culprit.

I also recommend you activate the debug mode in the site by following the steps described in this link: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ and checking if there are any error messages in the debug.log file located within the wp-content folder.

Regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.