Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 3, 2020 at 10:43 pm #6048663

fadyA

I need to find a solution to see different currency name for each language I have it on website
Because I see now the Arabic currency name in English and Arabic fronts
The name is should be ( English: QAR ) and ( Arabic: ر.ق ) so you can see the different
But now I see ر.ق in both languages fronts
So how to can I translate this?

Best regards,

May 4, 2020 at 5:30 am #6050003

Riffaz

Hi,

thank you for contacting WPML Support!

WooCommerce Multilingual gets all the currency data from WooCommerce.

With WooCommerce Multilingual you can customize the currency switcher but you cannot change the currency name or symbols
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

To customize the symbol you can try the code in this documentation:
- https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/add-a-custom-currency-symbol/

With WPML String Translation you can change the translations of the currency names.
- Go to WPML -> String Translation
- Search for "United States dollar"
- Translate the string for all the languages.

And, you can search for a plugin that helps to do this.

A WPML user says this works for him:

In my case I didn't want to have the full name of my currency ("Bulgarian Lev") but just "Lev". So I managed to do this with adding a filter to woocommerce_currencies and do the changes there like so:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_currencies', 'change_bulgarian_lev_name' );
function change_bulgarian_lev_name( $currencies ) {
  //here you need to select your currency by currency abbreviation. 
  $currencies['BGN']="Leva";
  return $currencies;
}

Change the code to the code you want.

To change this you will need custom coding. As this is a custom feature, unfortunately, this is beyond the scope of our support.

If you prefer, you can contact one of our certified partners who can develop small to large features for your site: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 6, 2020 at 11:13 am #6069655

fadyA

The problem with woocommerce it assumes that because I choose a currency from an Arab country, it forces the Arabic language to appear on the Arabic and English interface
Although English speakers do not understand if watch (ر.ق) after the price
So you, unfortunately, did not find a solution for me, or even there is an addition that makes me change the name of the currency

May 7, 2020 at 7:15 am #6077183

Riffaz

Hi,

As I explained already it comes from WooCommerce not from WPML.
So we can not do anything about it.

Anyhow, did you try the solution that I gave you in previous reply?
Did you translate the currency translation name or the code to change the currency name as I explain in last reply?

Please try and let me know.

Regards,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.