This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3923635

aybarsV

I'm planning to use Automatic Translation for my website as is a huge C2C e-commerce platform. But I wonder if I should create the Turkish pages first or does advanced transltion editor create the pages automatically?

May 30, 2019 at 4:51 pm #3925173

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

It is not necessary to create the pages for the translations. They will be created automatically when clicking the "+" icon in order to translate the content.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 31, 2019 at 1:08 pm #3930757

aybarsV

Thank you Andreas.
I have created translation jobs and assigned some strings to translator. However, we cannot see them under "Translations". It's completely blank.
How can we fix this?

May 31, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3932033

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

If you assigned a translation job for a specific translator only, the jobs will be only visible for the assigned translator when going to "Translations".

As admin you will only see jobs on "Translations" if you assigned yourself as translator for any language pair and created jobs that are globally available for all translators.

The translation manager will be able to see an overview for the jobs which have been created, ar ein prcess or are completed at Translation Management -> Translation jobs.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 31, 2019 at 8:58 pm #3933207

aybarsV

Hi Andreas,
As an admin I've assigned some jobs to myself and some other to the translator. Neither me nor the translator can see jobs in translation queue.

May 31, 2019 at 9:23 pm #3933367

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 3, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3944137

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please take note that jobs will be only visible for translators which have been assigned to the respective language pairs. I can see that currently there was only one translator creator. Also the admin will need to add himself a translator role in order to receive trasnlation jobs at WPML -> Translations.

Further, you can sync TranslatioN Managers and Translators at WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages.

I have added a ranslator role for myself (temp) and assigned a translation job for the Sample Page. The job is visible for me when going to WPML -> Translations.

I further created a job that is "available for all" translators and was able to see it. Anyhow, I am not able to see translation jobs that have been created earlier, as the translator role did not exists at this point. Could this be the issue?

Could you please give me more details in order to recreate the issue?

Kind regards
Andreas

June 3, 2019 at 6:46 pm #3945423

aybarsV

Hi Andreas,

I see that you've created translation jobs for pages. However, I've created translation jobs for strings to be able to auto translate. I am now able to see page translation jobs you've created, but I am still not able to see the translation jobs for strings under Translations. I can see the translation jobs for strings under WPML > Translations Management > Translation jobs (Capture3.PNG) but not under WPML > Translations.

June 3, 2019 at 10:29 pm #3946371

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please go to TranslatioN Mangement -> Translation Roles.

As you can see the only translators for now are Melek Sevcan Tekşen and Temp User.

1) Click "Add a translator"
2) Enter your user name and add yourself
3) Assign the language pairs for your translation jobs

The jobs should now be visible at WPML -> Translations.

Let me know if you experience any unexpected issues.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 4, 2019 at 6:03 pm #3954315

aybarsV

Hi Andreas,
I can already see myself there as translator. It says "You can translate to and from all languages" but I still cannot see any strings under translation and neither with user "Melek" nor "temp". Translation jobs for strings are basically are not under "Translations"

June 4, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3954511

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Indeed, the site admin is assigned as default it says.

What do you actually mean with translation jobs for "strings"? I further can not follow you about that there are not any translation jobs, as it works with the temp user account. (See screenshot)

I can offer you to migrate your website to a test server. Would this be convenient for you?

Kind regards
Andreas

June 5, 2019 at 8:31 pm #3963997

aybarsV

Hi Andreas,
Let's clarify this.
First of all, from "String Translation" I have ticked some strings and hit "Add the Translation basket" button(see Capture5.PNG).
Then, I can see these strings under "Translation Management > Translation Jobs" ("Begin updating plugin for example) and assigned those to me (vuruku) and the status is "Waiting for translator"(see Capture6.PNG)
Finally, as far as I understand, to be able to translate these strings with Advance Translation Editor, I should be seeing those strings under "WPML > Translations". However, I can only see the page translations you've created and not strings. (see Capture7.PNG) That is the issue. I should be seeing those strings under Translations to be able to send them to automatic translation, right?

June 5, 2019 at 10:35 pm #3964361

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

I was able to recreate the issue on anew installation of WordPress with WPML CMS Multilingual, Translation Manangement and String Translation at their latest version.

The issue has been escalated toour developers and should be solved with the next update for our plugins.

We kindly ask you for some patience and hope for your understanding.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 11, 2019 at 3:03 am #3991485

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. I have consulted our compatibility team.

Translation jobs that have been created from the String Translation Module will be visible for any Translation Manager on Translation Management -> Translation jobs and on the String Translation module. those jobs can be assigned to specific translators or they will be available for all translators.

Just for translators the jobs will show up on String Translation only. They will need to choose "Waiting for translator" while using the filter dropdown "Select which strings to display".

I hope this answered your questions. Let me know if it worked out.

Kind regards
Andreas