Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported an issue where the checkout page on their WordPress site using the Woodmart theme was initially displaying in the correct language (Bulgarian or English) but then switched to another version of English after 1-2 seconds.
Solution:
We investigated the issue and found that it might have been related to caching or object caching. No major changes were made on our side, but the problem resolved itself, indicating that it could have been a temporary caching issue. If you're experiencing this, we recommend clearing your site's cache and checking if the issue persists. Additionally, ensure that your caching settings are correctly configured to work with WPML.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. If the problem continues, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If needed, do not hesitate to open a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 10, 2024 at 10:11 pm #15930300

annaS-70

Background of the issue:
We have a site on WordPress with the Woodmart theme. We have English and Bulgarian languages. The main language is Bulgarian, and the second is English.

Symptoms:
When we are in Bulgarian and go to checkout, for 1-2 seconds it shows Bulgarian text and then switches to English. The same happens in English; it shows English for 1-2 seconds and then switches to a different English version with other fields.

Questions:
Why does the checkout page switch languages after 1-2 seconds?
How can we ensure the checkout page remains in the selected language?

July 10, 2024 at 11:44 pm #15930575

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi,

I was able to reproduce this.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 21, 2024 at 9:42 am #15983066

annaS-70

Hello, do yo made change something. Now its working.

July 22, 2024 at 5:37 pm #15988283

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

No major changes were made from my side, however, I can confirm as well that it is working OK for me now too.

There is a possibility this was being caused by caching or object caching.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.