Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
June 7, 2024 at 2:01 am #15713628

matthiasW-17

Hi Long, the issue happens again. When translating the pages with the same language (English and English (Global) or French and French (Switzerland), etc), I have the booking links being synced to the last updated page.

Example: hidden link - I've updated the UK page after this one and the current en_GLOB page link was synced with the UK booking link (because these two pages are both titled ENGLISH in the Advanced Translation Editor).

There is still no differentiation in the titles of the translation editor pages, which is often misleading.

Could you please help resolve the issue with the links being synced? You can refer to the conversation above as it's still relevant.

This issue is urgent as it concerns our site booking links. I would appreciate your prompt assistance. Thank you!

June 7, 2024 at 2:03 am #15713629

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Matthias,

Here is the new ticket. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

June 13, 2024 at 11:51 am #15735990

matthiasW-17

Hi Long, After talking to our backend developer, I would like to note that we would be glad if your team can solve the problem directly on the live environment. In the sandbox it’s always something different. For that we can give you access to our FTP as well as to the backend of WordPress.

But in our opinion the following points are important:

- We create a backup in the Duplicator plugin.
- As it is our live installation, you may change and try things (like deactivating plugins) but you must change the issue related stuff back to the original state (like reactivating plugins again after testing).
- Can we discuss the time frame for your access so that it is not conflicting with an ongoing marketing campaigns we have?

The main thing is that we want to ask you not to treat our website like a test environment (especially, not to delete content). It's live and should continue working smoothly as it's crucial for the business.

Could you please let us know how to best proceed with the project? Thank you so much.

Best reagrds,
Olga Rigo

June 14, 2024 at 1:29 am #15738026

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi Matthias,

Never mind, I can replicate the issue on my demo site and see that it is related to the previous ticket. The second time when you update the page content and open the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) to update the translation content, all content in the supported language (English only, in this case) will be matched.
I suggest you use the WPML Classic Translation Editor or WordPress editor to update the page content for the second time.

Refer documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Thanks.

June 17, 2024 at 8:30 am #15743907

matthiasW-17

Hi Long,

Thank you for checking this up. Could you please tell me how to best switch to a Classic Translation Editor for a separate page? We have an Advanced Translation Editor by default for all pages. Switching to the Classic one will mean all pages should be edited in the Classic Editor.

Besides, could you please update us if this issue can be fixed by WPML and what are the approximate timelines? As I know from our previous conversation, it has been accelerated to your dev team.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Olga Rigo

June 17, 2024 at 9:07 am #15744101

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please tell me how to best switch to a Classic Translation Editor for a separate page?

Please try these steps to use the Classic Translation Editor for some specific pages and let me know if it helps:
1. Go to WPML > Settings > Translation Editor > Editor for new translations: Classic Translation Editor (CTE)
2. Edit the page and update the translation with CTE.
3. Go to WPML > Settings > Translation Editor:
- Editor for new translations: Advanced Translation Editor
- Editor for translations previously created using Classic Translation Editor: Classic Translation Editor

could you please update us if this issue can be fixed by WPML and what are the approximate timelines?

This issue has been escalated to our development team and I cannot give you the approximate timeline. However, I will let you once I have any information.

Thanks.