Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 5, 2023 at 12:12 pm

mahmutB-2

Hi, i need some advice. I need a efficient way to change URL's and text on multiple sites at once. For example change this URL on every site of every language:

hidden link

Whats the best way to do this, with string translation or something else ?
This is the website: hidden link
Need to change this for all languages (4 in total)

May 5, 2023 at 1:12 pm
May 8, 2023 at 8:37 am #13602955

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML and Elementor
- Install only the necessary plugins.
- Create a new page with this button
- No need to create a whole website and meaningful pages.
- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue

Let me know when done and how can I check it out.

Regards.
Drazen

May 8, 2023 at 10:11 pm #13609119

mahmutB-2

Hello,

i created the buttons on this page: hidden link

I installed elementor and QI Addons Plugin. Then exported the elementor template and imported it on sandbox site.

- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue, im not sure what you mean by this, you know my issue already

Can you please check the link out and fix this? The buttons URL's are not detected by WPML somehow and i cant translate them

May 9, 2023 at 6:39 am #13609869

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I have checked and could see the issue, and tried to add some custom XML to add a URL for translation, but seems it is not working.

I have shared this now with the 2nd tier to check and advise further, please note since this plugin is not officially on our compatible plugins list, in the end, we might need plugin author help on this.

I will update you soon.

Regards,
Drazen

May 9, 2023 at 10:26 am #13612349

mahmutB-2

Hello, yes please send this to the 2nd tier.

Wouldn't it be also possible to edit the URL's in elementor one by one on every page that has this buttons ?

Thanks

May 9, 2023 at 11:16 am #13612929

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

it is possible, but there is a chance that manually added content will be overwritten when you use another method. Since it is not recommended to mix translation methods. In this case, the manual method versus the WPML editor.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

I will update you further when there is an update from 2nd tier.

Regards,
Drazen

May 9, 2023 at 11:23 am #13612947

mahmutB-2

Will this be overwritten if I use another method for this specific in this language or also if I edit another page and also in another language?

May 9, 2023 at 12:25 pm #13613763

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

changes done manually will be overwritten when you use another method for that same job, so that specific page and language pair, for example, EN->FR.

If you mix methods for other languages and pages then the same thing can happen for them also.

Let me know if that is clear now.

Regards,
Drazen

May 9, 2023 at 1:48 pm #13614541

mahmutB-2

I am about to loose my f. mind. Now everything randomly changes when trying to change text or RTL. I need to do RTL manually (with css in elementor) and when I save it update something else gets messed up and I need to redo every page again. Why is this so buggy and why cant I edit pages I want without it getting reset back to the old state. For example this: hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

Everything is resetting, why ?

May 9, 2023 at 1:50 pm #13614543

mahmutB-2

hidden link

May 9, 2023 at 2:11 pm #13614695

mahmutB-2

If i have 4 languages and if i want to edit a design on one specific language (just that language) and edit it in elementor and save, the page sometimes reverts back to the old langauge and sometimes it stays the same.. how do i even do that then ? FOr arabic for example i need to make some text right to left manually with custom css code in elementor and then update the page

May 10, 2023 at 6:02 am #13618429

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

if you are going to translate manually, as I have you said you need to disable the WPML editor for that page in general, otherwise it will revert changes. If you need further help on this topic you/I can open a new ticket for this and we can continue there. Since we limit 1 issue per ticket to keep things clear.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

As per your URLs issue, our 2nd tier got back with the correct XML:

- Go to WPML > Settings > Custom XML
- Add next code:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="qi_addons_for_elementor_info_button">
      <fields>
        <field>custom_class</field>
        <field>info_button_text</field>
        <field>info_button_subtext</field>
        <field>info_button_link>url</field>
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

- Make a small change to default language title and save
- Translate and URLs will be there it if you are using ATE, you need to search them.

- https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/02/translating-links-with-advanced-translation-editor/

Let us know if any further doubts.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.