Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing an issue where product variations were not visible or editable in the English version of their WooCommerce store, while in the Lithuanian version, variations were visible but not editable.
Solution:
We recommended the client to perform troubleshooting actions from WooCommerce Multilingual. Specifically:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings->Troubleshooting.
2. Execute the following actions:
- Sync products variations
- Fix translated variations relationships
After these steps, it was necessary to regenerate the variations for the affected products by going to the product edit page and clicking on 'Generate variations'.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If problems persist, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 23, 2024 at 11:23 pm #15995078

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Are you importing from another multilingual site? Also, are you importing both the default language and translations?

If that is the case, please follow the steps mentioned in this documentation to properly import the products and their translations, specifically variable products.

We highly recommend following our procedure and using WP All Import along with our add-on glue plugins to do this to ensure it is done properly.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/legacy-wpml-all-import/importing-variable-products-in-multiple-languages-with-wp-all-import-and-wpml/#:~:text=with%20saved%20templates-,First%20Time%20Import%20of%20Variable%20Products%20in%20Multiple%20Languages,data%20to%20the%20correct%20fields:

Let me know your results, please.

July 24, 2024 at 7:28 am #15996460

tautvydasZ

I'm importing from the data I have an earlier export of and only the default language just to check if the attributes are being shown. I would use the plugin but it requires a purchase of a separate addon which I wouldn't want to purchase since I already bought the webtoffee addon.

July 24, 2024 at 3:09 pm #15999154

tautvydasZ

I managed to fix it by editing the plugin. Apparently webtoffee plugin when importing products adds element type of post_product instead of post_product_variation to variations. I did a small edit in the plugin, exported only the english products and change their language code to en and imported them back. Now everything looks correct in the backend.

July 24, 2024 at 6:41 pm #16000044

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Amazing, that is a great catch! That makes sense, I am glad you were able to resolve this.

tautvydasZ confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-24 20:31:22.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.