Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 2, 2024 at 11:13 am

johanC-16

Background of the issue:
I have a website under development: hidden link (Password: Ment@n789). The site is currently in French by default, and I am in the process of translating it into English. The shop section (hidden link) is already in English by default since the template is in English.

Symptoms:
No specific issue or error message mentioned.

Questions:
How to translate hidden link to hidden link in French?
How to switch the current hidden link to hidden link?

September 2, 2024 at 12:53 pm
September 2, 2024 at 2:51 pm #16132557

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

You can set the Nom société field to the "Copy once" option, which allows you to change the company name when needed. If you don't need to change it, you can simply not edit the English post. Please see my video here.

hidden link

Regards,
Itamar.

September 6, 2024 at 2:46 pm #16149417

johanC-16

Hello Itama,

Thank you very much !!
This help me a lot !

On the other hand, I don't understand why you have to click on this:
hidden link

Will the EN and FR pages still be associated?
Thank you 🙂
Greeting,
Johan

September 8, 2024 at 8:41 am #16152200

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Johan.

If you don't click the "Translate Independently" option, the translated post (company) will be shown in French. Any update on the French post will automatically also be shown in English. This can be convenient for you if you have nothing to change. However, if you need to change something in English, you must click this option. You can read about the option to Displaying Untranslated Content in Secondary Languages in the following link.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Regards,
Itamar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.