Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported an issue where the translation status incorrectly showed as pending, even though there were no pending translations.
Solution:
Initially, we suggested following the instructions in our guide to resolve issues where the translation process is stuck. This guide can be found here: https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/
When the problem persisted, we identified that 25 translation jobs were stuck in the database with a status of '2' . We resolved this by executing the following SQL command to manually change their status to '9':

update
`icl_translation_status`
set status = 9
where status = 2

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
August 5, 2024 at 10:56 am #16039216

nicolasF-24

Background of the issue:
It says that I have pending translations whereas I don't have

Symptoms:

Questions:

August 5, 2024 at 7:52 pm #16041760

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out.

Typically, the translation process gets stuck in the "in-progress" state if there's any interruption happens during translation. Most of the time the issue gets resolved after following the instructions mentioned in the guide below:

- https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

Please try the instructions and I hope it will help in your case too.

Please let us know if the issue persists and we'll reassess.

Thank you.

August 6, 2024 at 9:08 am #16043044

nicolasF-24

That's I'm telling you, the problem is that I don't have any jobs in progress
I also tried all the troubleshooting methods
And it's keep saying I have 25 pending
I can hive you admin access to see the problem

Capture d’écran 2024-08-06 à 11.07.54.png
August 6, 2024 at 10:57 am #16043542

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 6, 2024 at 5:46 pm #16045020

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

I checked it and due to a glitch those 25 translation jobs got stuck in the DB with the status of '2', which is the equivalent of pending.

To fix it, it was necessary to manually switch them to the status '9', finished, using the following SQL command:

update
`icl_translation_status`
set status = 9
where status = 2

Can you please check it and confirm that it is fixed now?

Thank you,
Mateus

August 6, 2024 at 5:50 pm #16045037

nicolasF-24

Hi,
I made a check I don't have any jobs with two,
I only have 0, 1 and 9
I ordered it by number on the screenshot

Capture d’écran 2024-08-06 à 19.49.37.png
August 6, 2024 at 5:52 pm #16045054

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Thank you for confirming it.

Can you please test it once more going to WPML -> Translation Management? The pending translations warning should be gone by now.

August 6, 2024 at 5:53 pm #16045055

nicolasF-24

Sorry you didn't understand,

I don't have any job with status 2 ...

August 6, 2024 at 5:54 pm #16045057

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

That's correct, because I updated them from the status 2 to 9.

There were 25 records before my intervention.

August 6, 2024 at 5:56 pm #16045062
nicolasF-24

Ah okay !!

Sorry, because that you shown me the SQL request, I thought that I had to do it ^^

That's perfect so !

One other question I have, as soon as I translate jobs, the language of back office change randomly, it's really annoying, do you know why ?

You can make a test by translating 10 or 20 jobs (you can force again already translated post), you will see that the language on the top change alone ...

Capture d’écran 2024-08-06 à 19.56.17.png
August 6, 2024 at 8:07 pm #16045643

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Nicolas,

I went to Comptes > Profil and checked the option 'Set admin language as editing language'.

After that I tried replicating the issue following the steps you shared but I wasn't able to experience it.

I'm not sure I followed the steps correctly, so can you please test it as well to check if you're still experiencing this issue?

Thank you, please let me know.
Mateus

August 7, 2024 at 3:36 pm #16049021

nicolasF-24

Hi,

Please check the video

As you can see, jobs are being translated with automatic translation, and the language of wordpress is changing alone randomly as soon as the translation moves on ...

hidden link

Thanks for your help

August 8, 2024 at 4:22 pm #16053788

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for the video. I was able to reproduce the issue now and I appreciate your detailed explanation.

I wanted to let you know that we have a new version currently in the latest testing stages. I have tried extensively to replicate this issue in the new version, and it doesn't seem to be happening. While we don't have a beta version available for you to install yet, and I don't have an exact ETA for the launch, it will be available as soon as possible and will likely fix this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Best regards,
Mateus

August 8, 2024 at 8:58 pm #16054352

nicolasF-24

Hi Mateus,

Thanks for your complete feedback !

You mean that there is no temporary solution ?

Thanks !

August 9, 2024 at 1:59 pm #16056801

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

In order to look for a workaround, I'd like to ask permission to make a copy/staging version of your site where I can debug this closely without affecting the live site.

I'll make sure to delete this copy as soon as we get this issue fixed.

I'm afraid of debugging directly on the live site and cause issues to your visitors. Also, it is important to test a different setup as part of the troubleshooting.

Thank you, please let us know.
Mateus

nicolasF-24 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-13 09:36:11.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.