Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romainC-25 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
January 7, 2023 at 6:46 pm #12769187

romainC-25

I'm trying to create popups in my menu bar.
Some popups in the original language (fr), others in the second language (en).

I follow these 2 docs : - hidden link
- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

I assign my defferent popups in the menu setting in fr (e.g. "Contact") then in en (e.g. "New contact us)".
Everything is ok, when I'm on my website with the original language I clic on the menu and the popup appears correctly, but when I switch in the other language website,
any popups appears ! And when I clic on the menu ("New contact us)" nothing appears...
The only thing steel working, is when the popups is set for appears when the page is finishing loading.

hidden link

January 9, 2023 at 7:30 am #12773315

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Could you please login to this sandbox site and install the popup builder plugin? (hidden link)

After that, please try to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, please let me know how to reproduce it to check it and consult our compatibility team.

Best regards,
Osama

January 9, 2023 at 9:37 am #12774841

romainC-25

Hello,
thanks for your response.
I use your link and do the same I did on my site. The issue won't appears with your link !!!
Do you think it's one of my plugin who make the issue ?
I noticed that on my site, the popup works great in the second language only when I put the same popup also in the first language...strange isn't it ?

January 9, 2023 at 9:48 am #12774971

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I noticed that the "popupbuilder" post type is set to "Not Translatable" on the sandbox site.

Would you please go to WPML-> Settings-> Post Type Translation section on your site and set the "popupbuilder" to not translatable?

After that, please check if the issue persists. Kindly let me know the results of the above steps.

Best regards,
Osama

January 9, 2023 at 9:59 am #12775005

romainC-25

I set the "popupbuilder" to not translatable, but it steel not fix the issue...
You can see, the "popup en" in the english menu won't work on my site...

January 9, 2023 at 10:03 am #12775023

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

January 9, 2023 at 10:56 am #12775825

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I've set the popup post type to translatable and translated it manually. Could you please check the English menu and let me know if the popup works correctly?

Kindly check this guide about manual translation. (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/)

Best regards,
Osama

January 9, 2023 at 11:00 am #12775897

romainC-25

I notice that when I change the set of "popupbuilder" to translatable, a message in red appears at the same location and says that the slugs are defined to be translated, but their translations are missing.
If it helps...

Capture d’écran 2023-01-09 à 00.28.32.png
January 9, 2023 at 11:07 am #12775995

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Could you please let me know if the English popup works correctly on the front end?

2) I don't think you need to translate the popup post type slug.

Thanks,
Osama

January 9, 2023 at 11:17 am #12776055

romainC-25

Thanks for the help it seems to work, but I can't change the default language of the backend, you change it in english and wpml says that the default language is in french ??

January 9, 2023 at 11:20 am #12776063

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I changed the dashboard language to site default. Please let me know if it works correctly.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Osama

January 9, 2023 at 11:42 am #12776445

romainC-25

Yes !! it's working like a charm !!
Indeed, the way to change manualy is the good way 🙂
Thanks very very much Osama !!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.