Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client allocated 6000 credits to their staging site but received a message indicating no credits were available when trying to translate content. Additionally, they encountered a 'critical error' message when attempting to translate certain pages.

Solution:
1. We assigned 10k credits to the client's automatic translation account, which they should now see in the top left area of their WPML Translation Management page.

2. We advised the client to move the original 6000 credits back to their WPML.org account by clicking the blue "add/remove credits" button on their WPML account downloads page.

3. We instructed the client to remove the current site key from their WPML account, generate a new one, unregister WPML from the old key, and re-register WPML with the new key on their website. This process is to re-establish the connection between the website and a new clean automatic translation account.

4. For the 'critical error' issue, we recommended checking server configuration and compatibility with WPML's minimum requirements, activating WordPress debug, and testing for plugin or theme conflicts by deactivating all non-WPML plugins and switching to a default WordPress theme.

If the solution provided here does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket at our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 21, 2024 at 11:55 am #15327571

Trevor

I allocated 6000 credits to the staging.bovill.com website in our account. See screengrab of allocated credits.

When I try to translate content I get a message saying I don't have any credits and that I need to purchase some. See screengrab of the message.

Why are the allocated credits not associated with the staging.bovill.com website?

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.52.41.png
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.46.57.png
February 21, 2024 at 8:59 pm #15330490

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

That's pretty strange indeed.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

February 22, 2024 at 11:26 pm #15335843

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 26, 2024 at 8:46 am #15342735

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Can you please let me know if, by any chance, there has also been a different domain being used for this site in the past?

I'm trying to find out where the credits got stuck.

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

February 27, 2024 at 3:52 pm #15349965

Trevor

Hi Mihai,

I was sure I had replied, but when I just came to check if you had responded, it said you were still waiting for me. Apologies. The answer is no; there has not been a different domain used for this staging site. There is of course, a live site hidden link but that is separate.

The only recent change to the staging site has been switching from pay-as-you-go for WPML to pre-paid credits, and that isn't related to the domain.

Kind regards,

Katharine

February 28, 2024 at 10:08 pm #15355987

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you for the update, Katharine.

I will get back with updates soon.

Mihai

March 4, 2024 at 11:57 am #15369226

Trevor

Hi Mihal,

We have a meeting with our client tomorrow (Tuesday) and really need to be able to give them an update as to why we haven't made any progress on translating parts of their staging site. Please can you advise on what the problem is and how we can resolve it.

Many thanks,

Katharine

March 7, 2024 at 1:08 pm #15384462

Trevor

Hi,

I am afraid I don't see any credits when I follow the link. I get taken to the WPML > Translation management > Tools page. See screengrab of what I see attached. Please can you re-upload and share a screengrab of what I should see? I have been able to remove the 6000 credits that were assigned to the account via my WPML account.

I am very much looking forward to being able to progress these translations.

Kind regards,

Katharine

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 13.02.22.png
March 7, 2024 at 7:53 pm #15386508

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Katharine.

Thank you for the update, that is very strange.

I will check this personally straight on your site when I try again but can you please re-activate the access? It doesn't work anymore at the moment.

Mihai

March 8, 2024 at 9:51 am #15388099

Trevor

Hi Mihai,

How do I generate a private message?

Thanks

Katharine

March 8, 2024 at 12:33 pm #15389267

Trevor

To clarify, before, when I sent you a temporary login link, it was within a private message that you shared with me. I don't seem to be able to generate that myself. Ideally, we wouldn't lose the whole weekend, I have to leave for the day at 2.45GMT so would like to at least make sure you have access to the website before then. Is that possible?

Kind regards,

Katharine

March 8, 2024 at 12:48 pm #15389298

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Katharine. I thought that maybe you could reactivate that same URL, did not know that you have to generate a new one.

Sure! You should be able to edit that message and add the new link but I am also activating the private field below.

But even if you would share this URL without a private link, any URLs that are not from our documentation pages are automatically hidden from anyone else, only you and I can see it so it is safe to share it even without a private area.

Mihai

March 8, 2024 at 3:42 pm #15390133

Trevor

Sorry Mihai - I have edited the private message with the logins to include the server protection login.

March 8, 2024 at 9:01 pm #15390762

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you.

I was able to properly login this time.

I will get back to you when I have news.

Mihai

March 12, 2024 at 4:32 pm #15400733

Trevor

Hi Mihai,

the credits have appeared. So I tried to do the translations:

- I tried to translate all Asia 'person' pages
- Got the 'critical error message' again - see screen grab
- Now all Aisa people have the egg timer next to them, and the tool tip says 'Chinese simplified waiting for translator' - see screen grab

Please, can you tell me why I can't translate these pages? It is getting very frustrating and I still can't give the client an update.

Kind regards,

Katharine

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 16.16.12.png
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 16.14.33.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.