Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with the 'WooCommerce Quantity Discounts, Rules & Swatches' plugin on their multilanguage site using WPML. While the discount rules work correctly on the default English version of the site, they do not apply correctly on the translated versions of the product pages. Additionally, the second price option is not selected by default in the foreign languages as it is in English.
Solution:
We resolved the issue by ensuring that the discount rule values are copied to other languages:
1. Navigate to WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation and click on "Show system fields".
2. Search for the field "_wqm_tiers" and set the preference to "Copy", then save the changes.
3. Edit the product in the English language and click on Update to apply these changes to the translations.
For the issue of the default quantity option not being selected, follow these steps:
1. Set the custom field "_wqm_settings" preference to "Translate".
2. Update the product in the original language and its translation to ensure the default quantity option is copied to the translated product pages.
Refer to the documentation on translating custom fields for more details.
Note: The 'WooCommerce Quantity Discounts, Rules & Swatches' plugin is not listed in our compatible plugins directory. We recommend contacting the plugin author to join our Go Global program to ensure full compatibility with WPML. Learn more about the program here: Go Global program.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
May 28, 2024 at 4:10 pm #15679772

mariyaG-3

Hello,

I have a Multilanguage site using WPML
I use WooCommerce Quantity Discounts, Rules & Swatches plugin

In EN (Default version) of the site it works OK:
hidden link
It discounts the price for 2 or 3 products and 2 options is selected by default.

In Multilanguage site it don't work correctly - for example:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

it don't discount the prices for 2 and 3 products and second options is not selected by default.

Can you help me with that.
I manage to fix all my other issues with your help.

ML-sk.png
ML-en.png
May 29, 2024 at 3:35 am #15681500

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Mariya,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

The discount rule doesn't work on the translation product page because the rule value in the admin area isn't available in the second language. I fix the issue by following steps below to copy the rule value to other languages.
1. Going to WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation > Click on "Show system fields".
2. Search for the field "_wqm_tiers" > Set the preference to "Copy" > Save.
3. Edit the product in the English language > Click on Update > Update the translation.

Refer documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

The plugin "WooCommerce Quantity Discounts, Rules & Swatches" from StudioWombat is not available in our list of compatible plugins https://wpml.org/plugin
I also suggest you contact the plugin author and ask them to join our Go Global program where our Compatibility developers will help them to make their product compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Lungwort – HerbaVitality 2024-05-29 10-30-57.jpg
May 29, 2024 at 2:28 pm #15684504

mariyaG-3

That really help me. Thank you very much.

Can the second price options be selected by default in the foreign languages
as in English?

shatchesML.png
May 30, 2024 at 1:28 am #15685667

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Following the same steps above, I set the custom field "_wqm_settings" preference to Translate, update the product in the original language and its translation to copy the default quantity option to the translation product.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Lungwort – HerbaVitality 2024-05-30 08-27-58.jpg
Settings ‹ HerbaVitality — WordPress 2024-05-30 08-25-17.png
June 5, 2024 at 5:12 pm #15708256

mariyaG-3

thank you very much

mariyaG-3 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-05 17:12:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.