Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to translate registration information in the Blocksy-companion domain using WPML > String Translation, but the translation does not appear on the front end. Specifically, the message 'An account is already registered with your email address. Please log in.' remains untranslated.
Solution:
We recommend following these steps:
1. Revert any previous changes you made while attempting other workarounds. For details on reverting changes, you can refer to our forum post: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/registration-info-translation-issue/#post-15864965
2. Edit the file

wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/MO/LoadedMODictionary.php

3. Around line 46, replace the code:

$moFileName = str_replace('l10n.php', '.mo', $loaded_file);

with:

$moFileName = str_replace('l10n.php', 'mo', $loaded_file);

Note the change in the file extension from '.mo' to 'mo'.
❌ IMPORTANT: Please ensure you backup your database and website before making these changes. ❌

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
July 10, 2024 at 8:49 am #15926653

grzegorzK-16

H!

Yesterday I got from Blocksy your errata:
https://wpml.org/errata/l10n-php-performant-default-translated-strings-not-displaying-correctly/

But, I am not sure it is for my issue. The description of the errata does not match my issue.

But I have checked if the errata fixes my issue. First of all, I have updated the Blocksy Companion plugin. So your workaround was removed.

I have opened the server. And I was surprised. Probably my knowledge about managing server files is poor.

There are two files with the same title but differently written:
• LoadedMODictionary.php
• loadedmodictionary.php

In the errata, you ask to modify the LoadedMODictionary.php file. I tried to do it but without success. The LoadedMODictionary.php file returned to a state without errata every time.

Next, I noticed that errata already exist in the loadedmodictionary.php file.

So I assumed that the errata was already implemented and that I could check if it solved my issue.

I have registered a new user in the Polish blog version. Unfortunately, I got English info about successfully creating an account.

To get it in Polish I had to implement your workaround to the Blocksy Companion file (account-auth.php) once again.

Please, see the attached image.

regards,
Grzegorz

testing errata.jpg
July 10, 2024 at 8:57 am #15926730

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

FYI, there is only one file LoadedMODictionary.php (uppercase) in the folder wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/MO/.

I will share your feedback with our 2nd tier support. For now, you can keep using the previous workaround to show the translation strings on your site.

Thanks.

July 10, 2024 at 9:28 am #15926983

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please share your site credentials (wp-admin and FTP)? We will check the issue on your site again. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

Thanks.

July 11, 2024 at 2:29 pm #15935868

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

The username or password is incorrect. Can you please recheck this?
Regarding two files, I suggest you take a fresh copy of WPML String Translation and re-install it on your site to see if it helps. You can download the plugin file here https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

July 13, 2024 at 3:51 pm #15947775

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

You can just download the plugin, upload it to your site and replace the current plugin with the new upload. All options are intact.
I also apply the new workaround on your site and the translation strings displayed correctly in the frontend.
Please recheck this and let me know how it goes.

Webhint.net Get it and use it! 2024-07-13 22-48-25.jpg
July 15, 2024 at 1:55 pm #15954867
grzegorzK-16

Hi!

It seems that replacing .mo -> mo helps and fixes my issue.

But please read what I have done:

After uploading and updating the WPML String Translation plugin I had two files again:
- LoadedMODictionary.php
- loadedmodictionary.php
And the fix did not work.

So I decided to remove the WPML String Translation plugin and install it from scratch. But still, I had two files in my server.

The last operation helped:
1) I have deleted LoadedMODictionary.php file
2) I changed the name of the remaining file:
loadedmodictionary.php -> LoadedMODictionary.php
3) I have checked if in the file there is 'mo' (without dot). I do not remember if I had to replace '.mo' with 'mo'. Probably not.

Now it works!

Last questions:
1) Can I be sure that in the next plugin versions, I will not have two files (loadedmodictionary.php and LoadedMODictionary.php)?
2) Can I be sure that there will be 'mo' without a dot in the next plugin versions?

regards,
Grzegorz

New threads created by Long Nguyen and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-have-two-files-loadedmodictionary-php-and-loadedmodictionary-php/

July 16, 2024 at 1:55 am #15957380

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

We limit one issue per ticket only so I will split your issue with duplicating file into a new ticket for better handling.

Regarding the workaround to fix the translation string, this issue has been escalated to our development team, you can keep using the workaround until it is included in an update.

Thanks.

July 16, 2024 at 9:19 am #15959433

grzegorzK-16

So, can we consider the "registration info - translation issue" problem solved and closed? Thank you very much for your help:)
Grzegorz

July 17, 2024 at 1:09 am #15963092

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Yes, thanks. Feel free to contact us again if you have any questions.
Have a good day!

July 17, 2024 at 7:54 am #15964570

grzegorzK-16

I am pleased that the problem has been resolved.
It was important to me.

Thank you for being so helpful!
Grzegorz

grzegorzK-16 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-17 07:54:07.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.