Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues where some ACF fields do not appear in the translator editor, it might be due to using the same field name, such as "subtitle", across various groups. This can prevent all field values from being available for translation in the Advanced Translation Editor.
Solution:
We recommend that you assign a unique name to each field. This change should make all your field values visible and translatable in the translator editor.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. If this does not resolve your issue, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 37 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paola Mendiburu 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Paola Mendiburu.

Author Posts
May 17, 2024 at 3:32 pm
May 17, 2024 at 3:50 pm #15640440

lauriJ-2

Also, I've created a page from German language and add a translation to the English one.
It's empty
hidden link

So there is definitely something wrong with that...

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 17.49.00.png
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 17.48.49.png
May 20, 2024 at 11:05 am #15645186

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

But they do appear in the translator editor right?

If you go to the translated page and click on edit page, do you see the fields there?

May 22, 2024 at 7:22 am #15654297

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I have reproduced the issue so I will escalate it.

May 22, 2024 at 7:35 am #15654398

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

The issue has been escalated to the second tier, I will let you know when I have some news.

May 22, 2024 at 3:13 pm #15659046

lauriJ-2

Dear Paola,

I'm sorry, was busy a bit with other tasks.
I was going to reply on your reply #15645186, but as I can see you've discovered the issue!

Really appreciate your efforts, and thank you for helping us.
In my opinion, this kind of cooperation is truly win-win, because you can improve your products using real cases.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks and have a great end of the week.

May 23, 2024 at 8:19 am #15661186

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I will let you know when I have some news.

June 5, 2024 at 1:47 pm #15707159

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Hi there!

I hope everything goes well.

I have an answe from the second tier:

- There is another field group here /wp-admin/post.php?post=235&action=edit that has the same name field "blocks" and it is set to translate. (Please see attached image)

Solution:

- The field group is set to display on theme options page but the field type is Group. that should not be set to translate, instead should be copy. Set that theme option field group's field blocks to copy.
OR
- Change the name of the field "blocks" in "Block: Text" group to something else and it should work.

Suggestions:
While both fields are in different field groups but ACFML saves the fields' names as custom field names those can not be duplicate in case attached a post.
It is recommended to use different field names for each field in all groups to avoid these issues.

Please let me know if you have any problem.

image.png
June 8, 2024 at 6:12 pm #15718631

lauriJ-2

Hi Paola,

Thank you for your assistance. I will try your solution on Monday and let you know if something would go wrong.

Thanks!

June 10, 2024 at 7:25 am #15720354

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Ok thanks.

Please let me know if you have any problem.

June 11, 2024 at 1:16 pm #15726809

lauriJ-2

Hi Paola,

Thank you for your efforts, this is a good point, but seems the problem is still there, it's not the solution.
I've made even both changes to make sure it won't affect on the translations:
1. renamed the field "blocks" in Theme Settings → "blocks_settings"
2. set translation option for this field to "Copy" instead of "Translate"

Here is the page where the issue is reproduced after the update:
hidden link

As a prove here are a few screenshots with the field name and settings from our DEV server.

Thanks.

See your team on WCEU 2024 in Turin 🙂

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 15.09.42.png
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 15.06.54.png
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 14.40.46.png
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 14.40.13.png
June 11, 2024 at 3:03 pm #15727631

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I have tested your staging site and noticed that you didn’t change the name of the "blocks" field in the "Block: Text" group.

Please change it and then create a new page. Additionally, you might need to adjust something in the code.

I have made a video to show you the specific field I am referring to:
hidden link

June 11, 2024 at 3:58 pm #15728090

lauriJ-2

I got your idea :)))) The idea that the blocks and the Theme settings should NOT share the same slug. The thing is that the "Block: Text" is one of the blocks for the website builder.

We CAN'T change the slug of the "Block: Text". What we can change - the "Theme Settings" block field named "block". That's what I've already done. I used JSON file update for the ACF fields and synced the changes, as you can see on the screenshot above.

But you cannot see that in the ACF settings (I don't know why it's not syncing even after the Sync button is clicked). But generally, when you open the "Theme Settings" page - you can see the updated field.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 17.53.46.png
June 11, 2024 at 3:59 pm #15728092

lauriJ-2
June 12, 2024 at 7:58 am #15729780

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Ok, let me send it again to the second tier.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.