Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Kor 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
February 1, 2024 at 3:41 pm #15255797

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, I don't see a search function within the WPML ticketing portal, and it might still be difficult to find the issues even if there were, but I can share that the ATE sync was working somewhat better back when we had WPML 4.6.3, and then WPML started to malfunction far more often after we upgraded to WPML 4.6.4, with its new URL detection feature.

Is the URL detection bug a cause of the ATE sync issues? I'm not sure.

I was able to find a few references to the 4.6.4 problems in email chains, if it helps, but I'm not sure that these tickets are directly relevant, other than mentions that WPML 4.6.4+ seems to work far worse on Pantheon envs ever since the new URL detection problems were introduced:

* https://wpml.org/forums/topic/this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location-18/
* https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-chat-support-ticket-by-chainalysisc-1695130651/

If you truly believe that URL detection is completely unrelated to the ATE sync issues, then we can ignore the URL detection bug for now.

That said, the ATE sync error message seems directly related to the synchronization problems that we're having. This is the error message mentioned earlier:

"The Advanced Editor jobs synchronization has failed"

I'm reattaching the error message screenshot for reference.

In regards to your request for more information about "the patch that was applied in your Pantheon environment", I mean that we were experiencing ATE sync problems in older versions of WPML, and then at some point, WPML released a new point release version of the WPML plugin, and this seemed to make things better for a while.

But I'm having difficulty in determining which WPML versions were working better than others, partly because the support site seems to lack a search function, and also because I don't know that we documented which WPML version fixed the majority of the sync issues.

I know that we needed to upgrade WPML past WPML 4.6.3 at one point even though I held off as long as I could, because we needed to upgrade WordPress core to version 6.3, and WPML 4.6.3 had known incompatibilities with WP 6.3.

Please let me know if this helps address your questions and concerns.

To get back to the main point of this ticket, we are still looking to get the frequent ATE sync issues solved, and we have an error message that we can recreate 100% of the time -- see attached screenshot -- even when we switch to a stock theme and deactivate all plugins except for the WPML plugins, ACF Pro, and the Pantheon mu-plugins.

February 2, 2024 at 7:34 pm #15261020

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

When I deactivated the Object Cache Pro plugin, it worked fine here hidden link . Could you double-check?

February 8, 2024 at 9:57 pm #15283610

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, I tried the "WPML Non-Persistent Cache" mu-plugin that you provided in another support ticket, to try an exclude WPML from the object cache.

While things are better in that other ticket, this error persists when we create a translation job and click on the link as instructed:

"The Advanced Editor jobs synchronization has failed"

wpml-sync-error-2.png
wpml-sync-error-1.png
wpml-object-cache-pro-errata-various-issues.png
February 9, 2024 at 7:04 pm #15287363

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I've reviewed the situation, and I can confirm that I see the issue you mentioned. To address this, could you please try deactivating the sitekey and then reactivating it? It seems to me that the ATE is encountering difficulty syncing the translations. Could you remove the sitekey from the wp-config.php file? Then, perform the deregister and re-register process by visiting this link: hidden link .

Then, try opening the jobs tab to see if the issue is still there.

February 12, 2024 at 7:01 pm #15294594

Chainalysis

hidden link

Hi Kor, I tried the steps that you recommended but the ATE sync error reappeared anyway, as seen in the video linked above.

February 13, 2024 at 7:49 pm #15299346

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this and we'll hear from them as quickly as possible.

February 20, 2024 at 5:43 am #15320579

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

This is a known issue and we have an errata here that you can follow up https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-4-6-9-advanced-editor-job-synchronization-warning-in-wpml/ .

February 20, 2024 at 4:02 pm #15324014

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, thank you for confirming that this ATE "jobs synchronization has failed" issue is a known bug and that we are awaiting a fix. I appreciate it.

February 20, 2024 at 4:06 pm #15324038

Chainalysis

I wonder if this is directly related to our other sync issues, such as the URL change detection bug, the frequent 504 errors when we create translation jobs, and the frequent ATE sync problems on Pantheon hosting.

Going to link the issues here in case others are having the same problems:
* 504 gateway errors: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/504-gateway-errors/
* translations fail to appear: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-translations-fail-to-appear-on-a-page/
* site URL change bug: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-translations-fail-to-appear-on-a-page/page/5/#post-15231796

February 20, 2024 at 4:10 pm #15324047

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

This issue is still under investigation and I have no feedback yet. But I will update you once I have feedback on this report.

March 8, 2024 at 3:50 pm #15390144

Stéphane

Hi,

I reply here just to say that this happens to me too on a website, but only for 1 page !

Here is exactly what happens:
1- When I translate that page, the loading symbol keeps turning
2- If I cancel the job, and empty the SG cache (Siteground Optimizer plugin), the modifications appear, the loading stop turning, but stays as if a translation was needed.

Hope this can help the devs or WPML users !

April 8, 2024 at 7:52 pm #15496038

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your patience.

I have an update, and the issue has been resolved. Please retry the process and inform us of your experience.

The topic ‘[Closed] The Advanced Editor jobs synchronization has failed’ is closed to new replies.