Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 3 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
October 4, 2024 at 7:30 am #16252687

antoninB-4

Background of the issue:
I am trying to make the process of translating settings pages with the PODS plugin more straightforward on my site. I appreciate the WPML feature of switching between languages in the CMS menu to translate different media alternative texts. However, this feature is not available for settings page dynamic content created with PODS.

Symptoms:
When I switch languages on the settings page where I fill up the content of my pod fields, I expect to fill the content for that language, but that is not the case. I have to manually find and translate pod field IDs through string translation, which is time-consuming.

Questions:
Would it be possible to implement the feature to change language in CMS and then translate the pod field content for each language independently on the settings pages?
Does this feature work for normal, custom post types (not settings pages)?

October 4, 2024 at 12:59 pm #16254285

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, I need to reproduce the setup for further escalation as a feature request. I have to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.