Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 12 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 19, 2024 at 6:46 pm #16200580

seijffinger@gmail.com

Background of the issue:
I'm experiencing an issue while trying to migrate from the Weglot plugin to WPML. Currently, I'm using Weglot for translations on my site, but I installed WPML to test and make the transition. I installed and configured WPML correctly. I deactivated the Weglot plugin after installing WPML. I performed the automatic translation using WPML. When I check in the WPML editor, the translations are all done.

Symptoms:
When I go to the front-end of the site, the page content does not appear translated. The menu appears correctly translated, but the main page content does not.

Questions:
Could you help me understand what might be causing this issue and how to resolve it?

September 20, 2024 at 6:06 am #16201259

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

While you wait for my colleague to take over the ticket, let me try to help you with the issue quickly.

1)  In order to expedite handling your support requests, can you please share WPML support debug information from your site.

- To give debug information, login to your site and go to WPML → Support. From there click on the “debug information” link at the bottom of the page.
- Once on the “debug information” page, select the entire content of the text box and copy it.
- Now go back to our support forum, find debug information box and paste it.

More information on the link: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2) Please share URL to the page where we can see the issue.

Regards,
Drazen

September 20, 2024 at 8:20 am #16201599

seijffinger@gmail.com

--removed by the support team --

September 20, 2024 at 8:28 am #16201631

seijffinger@gmail.com

hidden link

September 22, 2024 at 11:20 am #16205929

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'll continue to help you with this issue.

When I visit your site in English and German, I do see the translations. Please see the attached screenshot.

Maybe it was a temporary issue or a caching issue.

Can you please confirm that the issue is fixed now?

I could not use the debug information the way you shared it. I removed it from this ticket. If you need further help please share it in the special field here below.

You can read about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Regards,
Itamar.

2024-09-22_14-10-45.jpg
2024-09-22_14-11-04.jpg
September 26, 2024 at 1:56 am #16222863

seijffinger@gmail.com

Hello goodnight. How are you? We tried to carry out the procedures as indicated, but without success. I can't make it work. At the moment, I left the WPML plugin disabled so as not to cause conflicts on the site, while I temporarily enabled another plugin. However, I need you to help me resolve the problem with WPML, or I will have to cancel my subscription with you. Can I help?

September 26, 2024 at 11:23 am #16224734

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Itamar is off today so I will be covering him.

Sure, we will be glad to help out.

1) In order to do so, can you share with us a video of the steps you take and what goes wrong when you use WPML, that way we will clearly know what the problem you have is.

You can use free tools like LOOM.

2) Please also share admin access to your website, so we can quickly take a look and check it out. Make sure to have a backup just in case.

Regards,
Drazen

September 30, 2024 at 8:02 pm #16237554

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, and thanks for the video.

I'm unable to log into your site. I'm getting the following message.

FOUT: de gebruikersnaam of het wachtwoord dat je hebt ingevoerd, is onjuist.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Please check the access details and share the correct details in the following private message.

Regards,
Itamar.

2024-09-30_23-01-01.jpg
October 1, 2024 at 6:57 am #16238510

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

This is Waqas and I'll be looking into the matter, meanwhile Itamar is on vacation.

Thank you for the updated access, I was able to login and have an overview.

At this point, I'll suggest the following:

IMPORTANT: Please take full backup of your website and database beforehand. 

It is highly advised to try this on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Update your parent theme Astra.
- Install and activate WPML String Translation plugin (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/), which is required for WPML to work well with translation.
- Clear all caches and check again.

If that doesn't work, please try with only WPML, String Translation and Astra parent theme.

Please let me know your findings and I'll try my best to help you further on the matter.

Regards.