Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are using WPML for automatic translations in WordPress with the Avada theme and have encountered an issue where the translation for product variations does not work from Dutch (NL) to English (EN). The variations are locked, making it impossible to set them manually. This issue arose after manually changing the variables for one item.
Solution:
We recommend using global attributes and translating them.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should these steps not resolve the issue, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 2, 2024 at 10:36 am #16032249

robs-3

Background of the issue:
I am working on a site under development and trying to use WPML for automatic translations in WordPress. I changed the theme to Avada. Translations of this product were made manually in Dutch.

Symptoms:
The translation for product variations does not work from Dutch (NL) to English (EN). The variations are locked, making it impossible to set them manually. The issue occurred after I changed the variables manually for one item.

Questions:
Why do the translations for product variations not work from Dutch to English?
Is the manual translation of the product in Dutch causing the issue?
What steps can I take to resolve the locked variations issue?

August 4, 2024 at 8:18 am #16036232

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, sorry for the late reply; it was due to a higher workload.

I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

August 4, 2024 at 8:55 am #16036272

robs-3

Hi,

Found my way by the information send by one of your support members:
hidden link

It works fine now.

Thanks for your support,
Regards Rob.

robs-3 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-04 08:55:58.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.