Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thiagoW-2 1 day, 3 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 2, 2024 at 7:28 pm #16247243

thiagoW-2

Background of the issue:
I created a Custom Post Type to insert custom posts, following the documentation on the Crocoblock website 'How to Make a JetEngine-Built Website Multilingual'.

I realized that I have to edit the meta fields manually in each language, so far so good.

When a Post Type is created, a slug is defined for it, in my case the slug was created in the default language.

In the WPML settings there is the option to define slugs for other languages, but even defining other slugs for other languages, when visiting the translated post the slug does not change.

I have already saved the permanent links again but it still does not use the defined slug. There in the String settings there are links for each language, but it is not changed when visiting the page.

Ex: Slug of the original post type: Portuguese.

Post type slug translated to Spanish: Spanish

The link would be: site.com/portuguese/post
Translated: site.com/es/spanish/post

But the translated one is now: site.com/es/portuguese/post

What should I do to change the slug when visiting a translated post?

Symptoms:
Despite defining slugs for other languages in WPML settings, the slug does not change when visiting the translated post. The translated post still uses the original language slug.

Questions:
What should I do to change the slug when visiting a translated post?

October 2, 2024 at 11:31 pm #16247650

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

- Please share a screenshot with me of the Settings page area where the slug is defined.

- Create a new item, and add a translation to it, does the slug remain having this issue with new CPT items as well?

- Please review this documentation on how to set your CPT slugs to translatable https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-slugs-for-custom-post-type-archives/ and let me know your results.

October 3, 2024 at 3:20 pm #16250977

thiagoW-2

Hi Bobbi,

I read the documentation you sent me and it gave me some insight into the solution.

Since I'm using JetEgine to create the CPT, it has the option to rewrite the slug. This option was already activated and it automatically picked up the defined slug.

I just had to write another slug and the translations worked in the CPTs.

But I ended up running into another problem related to translation.

Inside the CPT Posts I have a form created with JetFormBuilder that was added with the form widget using Elementor.

The forms have already been translated as described in the crocoblock documentation, where each form has to be edited individually.

The forms are ok and say they are translations of the original form, however, when I visit the translated page, the form corresponding to the selected language is not pulled up.

How can I solve this problem?