Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
February 3, 2024 at 10:38 am #15261956

arzoN-2

I also want to customize your WPML switcher in a way like (EN DU), because you are only giving limited options for its customization

February 3, 2024 at 1:23 pm #15262097

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

I made another visit to your site today and the language switchers are working as expected on the homepage.

If you still run into issues, please provide me with exact examples.

To change the language names you will need to go to WPML > Languages > Edit languages.

Here change the language names to DE and EN respectively.

February 3, 2024 at 3:34 pm #15262368

arzoN-2

As you can see here at first this section was translated into German but now it is in English. even if I have switched to German, at first I thought it might be because of cache so I cleared it but still, it had no effect can you please check again.

q.png
February 3, 2024 at 3:57 pm #15262420

Andreas W.
Supporter

1) This is not an issue with the language switcher but with the content. Please try to apply the translation of the homepage again with the WPML Translation Editor and let me know, in case that this will not solve the issue.

2) Please go to WPML > Languages > Menu language switcher and use the edit option. Here change the layout to "Dropdown". You can further use the additional options to change the design of the language switcher.

Guide:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#style-language-switcher

February 3, 2024 at 7:41 pm #15262737

arzoN-2

I did translate the content of home page again but still the same issue that hero section is still in english.

February 3, 2024 at 8:37 pm #15262757

Andreas W.
Supporter

The Hero Digital is coming from the Alimasha Element plugin.

For such Custom Elementor Widgets to be translatable with the WPML Translation Editor, a custom XML configuration will need to be created for each widget.

How to create such a config is explained here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

A config for this widget would look like this:

<wpml-config>
	<elementor-widgets>
  	<widget name="hero-digital">
    	<fields>
      	<field>sub_title</field>
        <field>first_title</field>
        <field>second_title</field>
        <field>description</field>
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

I have saved this config at WPML > Settings > Custom XML Config (tab).

Then I edited the Hero Digital Widget on the original homepage and saved the page again.

The translation for this widget works now.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translations are not working as expected’ is closed to new replies.