Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You have translated your entire website using WPML, but the translations are not appearing on all pages. Specifically, in the Blog section, translations appear, but clicking on them changes the entire menu.
Solution:
We recommend performing several troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:
1. Ensure your site is backed up.
2. Follow the WPML Troubleshooting options as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/
- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
After performing these steps, try translating the page again. You should see a "pencil" icon instead of the "+" icon, indicating that the translations are now properly linked.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 21, 2024 at 3:48 pm #16205026

anna-luisaK

Background of the issue:
I translated the whole Website using WPML, but my translations don't show up on all pages. In the Blog, they show up, but if I click on them, the whole menu changes. I have one menu and changed it. Clearing cache didn't work either. I made a video to show the problem better: hidden link

Symptoms:
Translations don't show up on all pages, and the menu changes when clicking on translated blog posts.

Questions:
Why don't my translations show up on all pages?
Why does the menu change when I click on translated blog posts?

September 23, 2024 at 9:24 am #16208233

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hallo,

dies sieht nach einem Fehler in der Datenbank aus. Bitte sichern Sie Ihre Seite und führen Sie folgende WPML Troubleshooting Optionen wie hier beschrieben durch: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/.

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information

Wenn Sie die Seite danach erneut übersetzen, sollte das "Stift" Icon erscheinen anstatt wieder das "+" Icon.

Funktioniert es damit?

Viele Grüße
Marcel

September 23, 2024 at 7:03 pm #16211522
anna-luisaK

Vielen lieben Dank!!! Das war die Lösung!

Darf ich gleich was anderes Fragen? Ich kann beim Hauptmenü die Ankerpunkte nicht austauschen, ich habe nirgends eine manuelle Funktion gefunden...

Von
hidden link

Zu
hidden link

Ebenfalls finde ich nirgends die Möglichkeit den Text vom Plugin "Teams" zu übersetzen, hätte das bei den String Translations vermutet, da konnte ich dann nur die App übersetzen. Wie handhabe ich das?

September 24, 2024 at 10:09 am #16213719

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hallo,

danke für die Info. Ich habe 2 getrennte Tickets dafür angelegt, welche ich gleich im Anschluss beantworten werden.

Viele Grüße
Marcel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.