Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue with translating the button text in Elementor for WooCommerce products. Specifically, the text on the button that links to product pages is not being translated when switching between languages. The button text 'Zobacz produkt' remains the same across all language versions of the site, despite attempts to translate it using WPML's String Translation feature.
Solution:
We recommend checking if the string for the button text has been properly registered in WPML's String Translation. If it is not registered, you will need to manually register the string. Once registered, you can translate it to the desired languages. Additionally, ensure that the translations are correctly applied within Elementor. If you continue to experience issues, it might be helpful to verify that you are using the latest versions of WPML, Elementor, and WooCommerce.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If problems persist, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
September 23, 2024 at 7:39 pm #16211680

Sebastian Górecki

Background of the issue:
I am currently experiencing an issue with translating button text in Elementor for WooCommerce products. Specifically, the text on the button that links to product pages (e.g., "Zobacz produkt") is not being translated when switching between languages. Site: customneon.pl customneon.pl/en - still polish language and other versions of website with different languages also stays with polish language. I am trying to translate the text on a button in Elementor that links to WooCommerce products. The button currently displays "Zobacz produkt" in all languages, but I would like it to display "See Product" when the site is viewed in English, and the equivalent translations in other languages. I have tried using WPML's String Translation, but the button text does not change. I am using Elementor to display product listings with WooCommerce. The button is generated dynamically in a product listing grid. I have attempted to translate the button text via WPML's String Translation feature, but the translation does not apply. I have also tried custom CSS and JavaScript solutions to no avail.

Symptoms:
The button text 'Zobacz produkt' is not being translated in Elementor for WooCommerce products when switching between languages.

Questions:
Could you please guide me on how to properly translate this button text using WPML?
Do I need to register the string or do something differently in WPML settings?

September 24, 2024 at 10:05 am #16213696

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

September 24, 2024 at 10:27 am #16213856

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've translated the button here hidden link and could you please check now? hidden link

Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

September 24, 2024 at 11:13 am #16214166

Sebastian Górecki

Yeah exactly - and how i can translate the rest of the languages? In the right side of the navi?

September 24, 2024 at 1:52 pm #16215252

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Correct.

September 30, 2024 at 12:08 pm #16236043
Sebastian Górecki

Thanks a lot for your help - i still got some problems though with filters:
hidden link

As you can see - the "Sort By" its good, but below (when you can choose what you want to sort by) u got polish "Sortowanie" and "Resetuj filtry" - the dev told me to reach out to WPML for it 🙁

New threads created by Kor and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/unable-to-translate-product-sort-filters/

September 30, 2024 at 2:03 pm #16236628

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've split the ticket here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/unable-to-translate-product-sort-filters/ so that we can follow up with your new issue.

As for this ticket, please mark it as resolved.

Sebastian Górecki confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-01 09:11:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.