Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alinam-2 1 day, 14 hours ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 27, 2024 at 3:56 pm #16230638

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I’ve isolated the installation and can still reproduce the issue where the paragraph tag is being added. We're continuing to investigate this.

Regarding the Visual Mode issue I mentioned earlier—are you currently experiencing problems with the Visual Mode on any product that has content in the original language? I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself. The product from your screenshot isn’t included in the staging installation.

Could you please confirm if you're still seeing the problem and let me know which product it's affecting so we can run further tests?

Best regards,
Marcel

September 27, 2024 at 5:05 pm #16230867

alinam-2

Hello,
I have the problem each time I want to translate a product
To see the issue, you have to re-translate, and re-translate, whatever the product.
Example attached
-1 is the original text in Fr for me
-2 is the first translation, it has p tags, in code. Where are they coming from?
-3 remaining on the same, I go to visual, it works.
-4 I re-open, no p tag, no visual.
If you translate and re-open to re-translate, it is different.
I have the same kind of issue on certain posts. Things appear, and disappear.
Hoping it helps
Regards

4-reopen-no-p-tags-no-visual.jpg
3-with-p-tags-visual-works.jpg
2-1st-version-of-translation-p-tags.jpg
1-original-product.jpg
September 27, 2024 at 5:07 pm #16230924

alinam-2

ps: there is some kind of logic somewhere .... the p tag is here, it's a version for WMPL. The p tag disappear, it's another version for WPML. The question is probably what is generating those p tags

September 27, 2024 at 5:19 pm #16230959

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for your response. As I mentioned earlier, the issue with the p tag has already been confirmed, so no further investigation is needed on that front for now. We are currently looking into why this tag is being added on your site and will update you once we have more information.

Regarding the Visual Mode: I’m unable to replicate the issue where the visual mode appears empty, as shown in the screenshot you provided. Please disregard the p tag for the moment and focus on whether the visual mode is still empty on your end. If so, could you let me know which browser you are using? We've received a report of the same issue occurring in Firefox today; however, I wasn't able to reproduce it on your site using Firefox or Chrome either.

Best regards,
Marcel

September 27, 2024 at 6:59 pm #16231151

alinam-2

Marcel,
OK, I say it's linked with p tag, you don't care, fine, I am not a tech.
Context is that all plugins are deactivated but woo and wmpl
Let's take this page:
hidden link
several products are written as not translated with those kinds of arrows. Though they were.
=> can you explain why, when you open say 20 translations (right click, open in new tab is what Id do), visual translator is absent?