Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're trying to create a manual order in a different language than the default and find that no products can be added when you change the order language, this is because products for manual adding are only found in the default language.

Solution:
We recommend the following steps as a temporary workaround:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce -> Orders.
2. Switch to the secondary language from the top admin bar (the language in which you want to create an order).
3. Click the "Add Order" button.
4. Before entering any product or other details, scroll down to the "Custom Fields" section.
5. Select the "wpml_language" custom field and set it to the value of the currently selected language code (e.g., 'de' for German).
6. Add this custom field.
7. Save the order.
8. After reloading the page, confirm that it has been added as expected.
9. You can now add the product, and while searching, find the translated products in that language, provided that the products have already been translated.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If this does not resolve your issue, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
September 9, 2024 at 10:18 am #16155157

lucasS-30

Background of the issue:
I am trying to create a manual order in a different language than the default language. The issue can be seen at hidden link.

Symptoms:
When manually changing the order language, no products can be added. I expected to see search results in adding products to the manual order, but instead, no products are found. Products for manual adding to the order are only found in the default language.

Questions:
Why are no products found when creating a manual order in a different language?
How can I add products to a manual order in a language other than the default language?

September 9, 2024 at 11:08 am #16155711

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, so far it doesn't seem possible for creating a manual order in another language.

However, I'm checking with my team and 'll get back to you accordingly.

Regards.

September 9, 2024 at 11:28 am #16155841

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Our team hints that this may be resolved in a future WCML and WPML version, but there's no ETA so far and they advise to wait for it.

However, in the meanwhile here's a temporary workaround:

- Go to WooCommerce -> Orders.
- Switch to the secondary language from top admin bar (in which you want to create an order).
- Click "Add Order" button.
- Before entering any product or other details, scroll down to the "Custom Fields" section.
- Select "wpml_language" custom field and set it to the value of the currently selected language code (i.e. de for German).
- Add this custom field.
- Save the order.
- After reloading the page, confirm that it has been added as expected.
- Then you can add the product and while searching can find the translated products in that language (provided that the products have already been translated).

We know this isn't an intuitive method but at-least you can make it work for now.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 162824.jpg
Screenshot 2024-09-09 162440.jpg
September 10, 2024 at 2:01 pm #16162023

lucasS-30

Actually, when we change the language up top, and then create the order, it also workes!

lucasS-30 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-10 14:01:02.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.