Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to know where WPML saves the Glossary entries in the database and if it is possible to export these entries for use outside of WordPress translations.
Solution:
We informed the client that Glossary entries are not stored in their site database but are saved on our server. These entries are used when utilizing the Advanced Translation Editor to translate content on our server and can be shared between sites associated with the client's organization. For more details on sharing automatic translations, please visit Automatic Translation Subscription for Multiple Sites.
Currently, exporting glossary entries directly from the plugin settings on the client's site is not supported. However, we have noted this as a feature request for future updates. If the client needs to export glossary entries, we can assist them manually.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
September 15, 2024 at 9:15 pm #16180818

danielF-96

Background of the issue:
I'm trying to find out where WPML saves the Glossary entries in the database. The site I need help with is hidden link. I checked the documentation but couldn't find any hints.

Symptoms:
I couldn't find any hints in the documentation about where WPML saves the Glossary entries in the database.

Questions:
Where are the Glossary Entries stored in the Database?

September 16, 2024 at 2:02 am #16181108

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

Actually, the Glossary entries are saved to our server, not to your site database. They will be used when you use Advanced Translation Editor to translate content on our server. They are associated with your site organization so you can share them between your sites. Please read more about sharing automatic translation here
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatic-translation-subscription-for-multiple-sites/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

September 16, 2024 at 3:08 pm #16184697

danielF-96

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

Ok, I suspected that to be the case. Is it possible to get an export of the entries in the future? Because we might need to use them for other things outside of wordpress translations.

Best regards

September 17, 2024 at 1:36 am #16185979

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Currently, we only support exporting glossary entries on our server. In the plugin settings on your site, this option isn't available but we have a feature request task to support this in future updates. I will add this ticket there to increase the priority.
If you want to export glossary entries, please let us know. We will help you get it, here is the file that I exported from your site
hidden link

Thanks.

September 17, 2024 at 3:20 pm #16189590

danielF-96

Hi,

alright so if we need the data you could provide an export via a support ticket like you did now, right?

Best regards

September 18, 2024 at 1:14 am #16190932

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Yes, correct. Feel free to contact us again if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a good day.

September 18, 2024 at 11:35 am #16192693

danielF-96

Alright, thanks for your support!

danielF-96 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-18 11:35:54.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.