Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 11, 2024 at 8:08 am #15507564

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello there! First of all sorry for all the wait, i'm giving priority to this ticket so we can try to get to it faster.

Before taking this ticket i recreated your site locally and managed to get updated on the things that were tried.

You mention that there's something that's created 40k images, on the same language on top of it, but to be honest neither Shekhar nor i were able to recreate the problem.

40K is a huge number but if it always creates the same exact number, then it's not because something's "stuck" but because something's telling it to do so.

At the beginning of the ticket you mentioned you thought WPML was the one creating it, but do you have some sort of proof of what you say? i mean, did you see something on the debug log or somewhere else that led you to this conclusion?

because my suspicion is that there's a plugin that handle media (like the meow plugin or the gallery one) that could be doing something that when WPML is enabled would end up returning more images.

------------------------------------

Let me also ask you something else. when you get the 20k/40k media, is it for the same image? is it for a recent one that was added to a post or to a gallery, maybe one that you're adding somewhere?

or could it be instead one that has been selected recently?

I'm trying to get any other clue as to how this problem is recreated since so far neither of us have been able to do so and that is needed to understand WHAT is creating the issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

April 11, 2024 at 1:13 pm #15509497

tannerT

No worries, there is a more significant ticket that is likely relative to this issue therefore this can be closed for now and if there is an issue therafter, I will open a new ticket, reference this one, and provide video documentation of the report

April 11, 2024 at 1:17 pm #15509508

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

No problem, i an see you have 2 issues that already made it to our devs and another one being handled by another colleague.

I hope this issue gets resolved and you get to the bottom of it soon 🙂

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.