Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
May 7, 2023 at 9:10 pm #13601427

geronY

Tell us what you are trying to do? the wpml in the site make my server cpu 100% load

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

image (1).png
May 8, 2023 at 1:41 pm #13606143

geronY

i need help ASAP

May 9, 2023 at 6:29 am #13609795

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Geron,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Sorry for the delayed response - it has been a full queue for the past few days and it can take a bit longer to respond.

It could be an issue with slowness caused by one of the plugins not being compatible with WPML or some theme code.
Can you please follow the next steps and let me know how it goes:
Please make a backup before proceeding.
1) Install the Query Monitor plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/)
2) Check the load time and the number of queries in the top bar. Load time has "s" and queries "Q"
3) Disable all WPML plugins and check load time and the number of queries.
4) Disable all other plugins and leave active only WPML plugins, switch to WordPress default theme. Check again.
Please let me know how it goes and shares each result with me and read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/tutorials/2019/10/analyze-performance-issues-with-query-monitor/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

May 9, 2023 at 8:44 am #13611219

geronY

hi i made it and when i Disable wpml the cpu go down
please see the image that i attach before and you can see what the server manager
send me and tell me that the wpml plugin make my site slow and incise the cpu to 100%

May 9, 2023 at 8:55 am #13611369

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

May 10, 2023 at 2:04 am #13618127

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

After taking a look at your site and installing some plugins to get more information, I see that:

- Query Monitor plugin: I do not see any PHP error messages or slow queries, screenshot hidden link

- WP Server Stats plugin: the CPU load percentage hit 100% but less than a second and stable below 30%, screenshot hidden link
There are many plugins that are listed in the file "php-app.slow.log" on your site, not only WPML and even if I deactivate WPML, sometimes CPU still hits 100%, screenshot hidden link

- Enable WP debug log: I do not see any PHP error there.

So in my opinion, I see your site is working properly and WPML is not impact the performance of your site. In the admin area, when you visit a page, some functions of every plugin will be triggered so you can see the high CPU load but in one or a few seconds and it will go down immediately when they are finished.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml make my server cpu 100%’ is closed to new replies.