This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
Problem: WPML Translation Management
Solution:if possible please try installing WPML manually rather than from within the backend for this time and let me know your results
First i suggest to try uploading the downloaded plugin zip file through Plugins->Add new
and if this does not work then please install the plugin manually to do a manual update please follow these steps:
1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.
4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.
5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.