Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client created translations for a header and footer template in different languages, but when changing the language on the site, the translations do not appear and continue to display the English version.
Solution:
We recommend editing the template by making a small change to the content, saving it, and then updating the translation template to see if the text becomes available in the Advanced Translation Editor. If the issue persists, it may be due to the use of custom Elementor widgets that are not registered for translation. In this case, follow the steps to create custom XML configuration code to register these widgets for translation:
How to Register Page Builder Widgets for Translation
WPML Compatibility Test Tools Plugin

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If needed, please open a new support ticket for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.57 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marinaT-5 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
July 2, 2024 at 7:42 pm #15877848

marinaT-5

Background of the issue:
I created a translation for a header and footer template so I can show some text in different language but once I go to the site and change the language the translation doesn't show up and keeps showing the EN version of the template.

Symptoms:
The translation for the header and footer template is not displaying; it keeps showing the English version.

Questions:
Why is the translation for the header and footer template not showing up?
How can I ensure the translated templates are displayed correctly?

July 3, 2024 at 4:30 am #15879749

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Marina,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

There is a server protection account that prevents me from viewing your site directly so I cannot check the issue with the header and footer on the site.

I suggest you edit the template > Make a small change to the template content > Save > Update the translation template and see if the text is available in the Advanced Translation Editor.

If not, maybe you are using some custom Elementor widgets and they are not registered for translation. Please follow the documentation below to create custom XML configuration code to register them for translation and repeat the steps above to re-translate the template.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/

While checking the debug info, I see that the WordPress Memory Limit is below the requirements. The minimum requirements are 128M, but we do recommend 256M and the debug information of your site shows it set to 40M. Please check this link for more details https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

July 3, 2024 at 12:34 pm #15884256

marinaT-5

I removed the protection to the site.

I can see the translation in the string translations but on the site it doesn't show up. Also the site has enough memory.

I also made a quick edit but that didn't change anything.

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-03 063255.png
July 3, 2024 at 4:19 pm #15886018

marinaT-5

The issue was a plugin that was in charge of the templates of the header and footer, I deactivated the plugin and use a different one to configure the templates and everything works correctly.

marinaT-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-03 16:19:26.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.