Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
October 10, 2022 at 4:23 pm

svenH-12

Translations not fetched from Icanlocalize

October 10, 2022 at 5:14 pm
October 19, 2022 at 9:12 am #12267517

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

sorry for the waiting, we have a higher queue these days.

I am trying to log in to check the mentioned JOBS but seems credentials are not working.

Can you please share them with me in the next private reply?

Thanks,
Drazen

October 19, 2022 at 9:30 am
October 19, 2022 at 11:12 am #12268741

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

Okay, I am a bit lost here, since I see the situation and what you report is different than first when the chat was converted to a ticket.

I would need to confirm we are still checking and debugging the same issue, and not some other. Since we limit 1 issue per 1 ticket, and if the issue is not related to the ticket original issue, then you will need a new ticket.

Issue reported here way, that you used ICL for translating next page: "Video: Become a paid witness, Go Live and send us your live video stream from the scene".

but, now if I check your website hidden link and this page, I see it is using Translate everything and is translated in such a way.

That means that page now and from now on needs to be translated in such a way (translate everything). You can not mix it in such a way, and use a translation service and translate everything.

So, can you please explain what is the issue or doubts you have about this example?

Thanks,
Drazen

456.jpg
October 19, 2022 at 11:20 am #12268797

svenH-12

Hi Drazen,

sorry for confusing things. I thought you were involved with our main issue which happened after this ticket was created.

So the current issue is still existing.
The translations we did with icanlocalize did not get imported to the page.

After that only we changed the settings to translate everything.

Now the questions still is: How can we manually import the translations to the post? Or how could we re-activate icalocalise as translation for a while and try to gett these translations imported.

We can see the translation completed in Icanlocalize and can probably also access the offline files.

Please advise how we can import the translations to the post

Thanks
Sven

October 19, 2022 at 11:22 am #12268803

svenH-12

just for info - the other ticket we have open related to automatic translation not working is this one https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translate-everything-multisite-automatic-translation-and-featured-images-not-working/

October 19, 2022 at 12:13 pm #12269799

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sven,

there are a few ways you can try, but I am afraid each will probably cause confusion further, please check advised:

- disable Translate everything, enable ICL, and send pages for translation again via ICL. This depending on translation service memory will either re-use older translations from their side or will be needed to be translated again.

Now if you switch back to Translate everything, and want to re-translate the same page using this method, you will need to translate it all again from blank, since the translation memory is not kept in sny when switching methods ( Services -> WPML editors).

- same goes if you decide to upload translated XLIFF manual. In that case you need to make sure the files and jobs ID are correctly adjusted manually

- https://wpml.org/faq/the-uploaded-xliff-file-doesnt-belong-to-this-system/

Thus all being said, if there are not too many pages, and you wish and are going to use Translate everything in the future, just continue with such method and re-translate them with Translate everything.

Since mixing translation methods will in end probably cause some issues and translation lost.

I hope I was helpful. Let me know fi any questions or doubts.

Regards,
Drazen

October 19, 2022 at 12:51 pm #12270457

svenH-12

Thanks Drazen for your support

As you can appreciate this is all very complicated and I wished you had another workflow in process for people using both manual and automatic translations.

We paid qiote some money for the translation via IcanLocalize so I want for this specific post to use the professional translation

When we have automatic translations activated how can we put in the translations from icanlocalize (from our translatores)?

If nothing works easily, would we be able to translate manually and copy paste the translations from the professional service? Of upload the XLIFF to a post manually?

Thanks
Sven

October 19, 2022 at 2:02 pm #12270935

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sven,

as said this is not possible when using Translate some, since either way later your translation added in a different way method will need to be re-translated. Since these methods do not share translation memory.

The best I can suggest is to use Translate some mode and automatic translation in that way:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translate-some

That way when sending pages for translation you can use which one you want to be translated by you/local user using automatic translation or send pages for translation to a translation service.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/#translating-individual-pages-posts-and-other-content-automatically

Hope this help.
Regards,
Drazen

October 26, 2022 at 9:36 am #12313541

svenH-12

Sorry when asking again:

When I have a page with full automatic translation running, is there no chance to manually edit some of the translations after the automatic translation has finished for the post?

With this, could I then manually somehow import the translations from the translators to the post?

Or is there any other solution possible.
I have not yet understood how we can use the translations we paid for from the 9 translators and import them back into the post.

Any advise appreciated
Thanks
Sven

October 26, 2022 at 9:43 am #12313697

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sven,

of course, you can, you can set it from WPML > Settings to review automatic translations and then review them and edit them in ATE editor how you wish so.

Please check:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-review-automatic-translations-on-your-site/

The only way, I can think of is for you to switch to Translate some mode from WPML > Settings, then send the page for translation and assigned them to yourself. Go to WPML > Translation > Download XLIFFs.

Edit the downloaded XLIFF and copy the ID. Edit the correct translated XLIFF and paste the ID. Then, go back to WPML > Translation and upload the correct translated XLIFF, it should upload and save the correct translation.

- https://wpml.org/faq/the-uploaded-xliff-file-doesnt-belong-to-this-system/

Once done with this manual approach, enable back Translate everything mode, but make sure to not send again this page for automatic translation, as it can cause transaltion to be re-done / overwritten via automatic translation ones.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.