Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to synchronize the French version of their website with the English version but is encountering issues. Specifically, there are extra social media icons in the footer, a generic header message that won't update, and a news page that is not reflecting changes. Additionally, the Page Title Bar is not supposed to show up in the French version, but it does.
Solution:
We recommended following the steps in our documentation to ensure that the Header and Footer are translated correctly when using the Avada theme. The documentation can be found here: Translating Avada Layout Sections.

If the client is not using an Avada layout for the header, the issue might be related to setting different global options with WPML, as described in the following documentation: How to Set Different Global Options with WPML.

If these solutions do not resolve the issue, we asked the client to provide more details on how they configured the sections causing trouble, and to ensure they have a backup of their website before providing us with access to their WordPress dashboard.

Please note that the solution provided might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues at WPML Known Issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If necessary, do not hesitate to open a new support ticket for further assistance: WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by brianD-18 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
February 15, 2022 at 10:12 pm #10588601

brianD-18

I am trying to: sync the french side with the english side

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any page...just switch between the languages

I expected to see: the same stuff on the french side as the english side

Instead, I got: Extra social media icons in the footer and the header has a generic "Call Us Today! 1.555.555.555|info@yourdomain.com" that wont go away.

(im also still having issues with the form when in the french translation, french side will not send a complted form... i have a support ticket open on that already)

Every thing is up to date, wordpress, plugins, theme

sample.jpg
February 16, 2022 at 10:38 am #10591849

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

It seems to be a problem translating the header and footer of the website.

Would you please follow the steps mentioned in the documentation below so that you make sure the Header and Footer are translated in Avada?

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/#translating-avada-layout-sections

If yous still have the issue, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Kindly make sure that you set the next reply as private.

Thanks.

February 16, 2022 at 8:16 pm #10597409

brianD-18

On top of the header and footer not updating correctly, the news page is not updating either. Im getting very frustrated with WPML and all the issues i keep running into with no clear fix. Ive attached a news article that i want the Page Title Bar not to show up. In English it does not show up but in the French it is there (see attachment). Why do page edits not update on the french side??

_Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 2.12.55 PM.jpg
February 17, 2022 at 4:52 pm #10605913

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

From your last screenshot i seem to understand that you are not using any layout from avada for the header, is that correct?

If so, then i believe your problem might be this one: hidden link

That would explain why you have different layouts and different content through the languages.

Can you check if that's your case and let me know?

-------------------------

If the above doesn't solve the problem then please let me know how you've configured this sections that are giving you trouble so i can have a better idea of how to continue.

Regards.

February 17, 2022 at 6:06 pm #10606365

brianD-18

Oh my goodness, this saved me so many headaches. I think you should include a pdf of "getting started" instructions with this tip included. I never even knew about this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.