Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are translating from English to Arabic using WPML with the XStore theme and Elementor. Despite using the auto string register tool, some strings are not translating to Arabic.
Solution:
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation.
2. Scroll down and click on the Translate texts in admin screens » link.
3. On the new page, search for the string "Cart".
4. Find the entry, select it, and click the Include in string translation button below the table. This action adds the string to the string translation list.
5. Return to the string translation page. You should now see a new Cart entry that is not translated. Translate it accordingly.

For more detailed steps, you can visit our documentation on finding strings that don't appear on the string translation page.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hassany-6 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
September 17, 2024 at 2:01 pm

hassany-6

Background of the issue:
I am translating from English to Arabic using WPML. I am using the XStore theme with Elementor. I have tried translating strings and used the auto string register tool to capture any missing strings.

Symptoms:
Some of the strings are not translating to Arabic.

Questions:
Why are some strings not translating to Arabic despite using the auto string register tool?

September 17, 2024 at 2:48 pm
September 17, 2024 at 2:50 pm #16189459

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi,

It seems the chat is disconnected. I went to the string translation and clicked the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link at the very bottom of the page and searched for Cart and found it and added it to the string translation and now it works for the mobile devices.

You can learn more on how I did that here:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Thanks.

September 17, 2024 at 2:53 pm #16189477

hassany-6

i do not quite understand the info in the link you provided would you please tell me in steps what did you do so ican follow

September 17, 2024 at 2:56 pm #16189506

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Sure!

- Go to WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation
- Scroll down and click the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link.
- You will see a new page.
- Search for "Cart" there.
- You will an entry and you should select it and click the Include in string translation button below the table. (You do not need to do that now as I already did and the CART string is on the string translation)
- Go back to string translation page and this time you will see a new Cart entry that is not translated. Translate it and it should be ok. (I already translated it so you do not need to do anything new)

Thanks.

September 17, 2024 at 2:57 pm #16189510

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

My shift is finished. So any additional reply will be available tomorrow. Thanks.

September 17, 2024 at 2:59 pm #16189518

hassany-6

yes i cant find the word my account following the same steps if you can do it for me and tell me how you did it i would appreciate it alot

September 17, 2024 at 3:02 pm #16189527

hassany-6

ok i knew how to do my account i will try to follow the same if not i will contact you back

September 17, 2024 at 3:41 pm #16189728

hassany-6

i am still not able to translate the empty shopping cart page

hassany-6 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-17 16:24:17.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.