Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: If you add store credits with Smart Coupons, they are not detracted from the checkout

Solution: we (WPML team) found that to make smart coupons working 100% with our plugin would require big changes in WooCommerce Multilingual plugin (it is our plugin) and for the time being we cannot dedicate time to do this or even triage it to know if this is doable without breaking compatibility with other plugins. Therefore we (again, WPML team, not Smart Coupons team) decided to not continue. Therefore, we can't offer a solution for the issue.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author Posts
January 20, 2020 at 9:53 am #5321979

jeppeK

If you add store credits with Smart Coupons, they are not detracted from the checkout

January 20, 2020 at 11:47 am #5322973

jeppeK

Hello again,

I've now set up WooCommerce with a test product, installed Smart Coupons and a Quickpay demo.

As you can see on the attached screenshots the issue persists.. If multilingual is disabled it works.

This is not only an issue with quickpay but other payment gateways like mobilepay etc.

checkout1.png
checkout2.png
checkout_mulitilingual_disabled.png
January 20, 2020 at 2:08 pm #5324305

jeppeK

Hi Laura,

Any news regarding this issue? 🙂

January 20, 2020 at 4:25 pm #5325843

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the issue doesn't seem to be with Smart Coupon, but with Quick Pay too.

If Quick Pay is disabled, it works fine.

As I can see the issue in the Sandbox, I can escalate the issue to the 2nd tier.

January 21, 2020 at 7:20 am #5329701

jeppeK

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply. 🙂

You may very well escalate the issue to the 2nd tier

January 21, 2020 at 5:06 pm #5335085

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

in the Sandbox the issue was solved in this way:
- setting in WPML > Languages > Language URL format from parameter to directories
- in Settings > Permalinks permalinks from default to postname

Can you please check and see if it works for you too?

January 22, 2020 at 9:14 am #5338885

jeppeK

Hi Laura,

The website where the error occurs already has the WPML's language URL format set to directories and permalinks set to postname.

I've also tried it in the sandbox environment and it didn't work?

Could you send me screenshots of the settings? Maybe I got something wrong.

Thanks in advance 🙂

January 23, 2020 at 8:40 am #5346315

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I tested again in the Sandbox and it's working for me. Maybe I'm missing some steps to recreate the issue? Could you please send a video where you test in the Sandbox?

You can see the settings in Settings > Permalinks

January 23, 2020 at 10:18 am #5347153

jeppeK

Hi Laura,

Here's a video. I haven't changed any settings.

hidden link

As you can see you still have to pay 600 DKK when checking out and not 300 DKK.

That is the issue. It works if WPML Multilingual CMS or any related plugin (ie. String Translation or Translation Management) is disabled.

January 23, 2020 at 3:02 pm #5350725

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I tested again, and indeed I can see the issue if I use the coupon 36RHDK2Z, but I can't if I try with a new, different coupon (8EPFZ375) that I created for testing.

Can you try that as well while we're trying to understand what could be causing the problem?

January 24, 2020 at 7:55 am #5354889

jeppeK

Hi Laura,

Yes it works, but that is because the coupon type isn't set to "Store credit / gift certificate" but set to "Fixed cart discount".

Our clients entire setup uses Store credit for their giftcards 🙂

Thanks

January 24, 2020 at 11:38 am #5356487

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the clarification. We'll continue debugging.

January 27, 2020 at 2:44 pm #5370629

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I tested with a new coupon as you suggested and I could reproduce as you said.

However, it seems that Smart Coupon has other issues with non-standard payment methods (gateways etc) plus other problems with WPML. Our compatibility team worked with the author for a while, but in the end they decided not to continue. Therefore, we can't offer a solution for the issue you reported as we won't make Smart Coupon WPML compatible.

We have another coupon plugin that is tested as WPML compatible: https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-extended-coupon-features-pro/

I'm sorry if this isn't the solution you hoped for, but that's the only one I can offer.

February 3, 2020 at 10:33 am #5411173

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

hi there,

I want to clarify the last comment: we (WPML team) found that to make smart coupons working 100% with our plugin would require big changes in WooCommerce Multilingual plugin (it is our plugin) and for the time being we cannot dedicate time to do this or even triage it to know if this is doable without breaking compatibility with other plugins. Therefore we (again, WPML team, not Smart Coupons team) decided to not continue.

I am explaining this per Smart Coupon team request as the previous comment could be understood differently.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.