Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 7:38 pm

stephaneB-31

Hi,

I opened a ticket on this issue 3 months ago I'm still waiting for it to been resolved.
Here is the link to that ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-translating-event-calendar-plug-in/

After a lot of back and forth with one of your supporters, I contacted Event Calendar to see if they could find a solution. Since then they released, last week, a maintenance update supposed to fix the bug that was causing WPML/Event Calendar to cause 404s in my French calendar.

The release document is here: hidden link

It didn’t fix the issue. I still get 404s when I try to access my events in French on the live and staging website BUT we installed WPML and Event Calendar on a new and separate WordPress installation and it worked.

I want to give access to the staging website so you can find how to fix the problem. Resetting WPML on the staging site broke ALL the translations (posts, pages, etc.) and redoing all of that is not an option.

July 12, 2019 at 6:14 am #4195485

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

This seems like the slugs are not updated properly in the already created events, \
However, creating new event works without any issue.

For debugging purpose, I would require your permission to install duplicator plugin on your stating site, it will enable me to create a copy of your site and test the issue on my local environment with some debugging tools.

If you feel you can help with creating the duplication package , You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/, I have enabled private fields for you the share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

July 12, 2019 at 7:44 pm #4201477

stephaneB-31

Hello!

You can go ahead and install/create the duplicator as I currently don't have access to my computer.

Thanks!

July 15, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4211047

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the permission,

This seems more like a compatibility issue, I would like to isolate the issue in a fresh installation. I have created a sandbox site for this purpose, Please upload the latest version Event calendar pro plugin to the site

One Click Login:hidden link

Please configure WPML and setup the Events calendar the same way as in your site, make sure to create a dummy event and translate it, The Attempt is to recreate the issue can escalate to our compatibility team.
Please, note we need only the bare minimum setup to reproduce the issue.

Let me know once done.

Kind regards
Raja

July 17, 2019 at 6:52 pm #4233027

stephaneB-31

Hi there,

Yes it is a compatibility issue but you cannot recreate the issue since it was happening before the latest Event Calendar maintenance update. However the update did not fix the issue on my client's calendar. If you try to recreate it on any other website, it will simply work. So what I want to know is how can we fix it on my client's calendar without having to redo the whole thing.

I did install the Event Calendar, WPML and created an event but like I said it will not replicate what I'm describing/what you can witness on the staging website.

July 18, 2019 at 10:39 am
July 23, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4267351

stephaneB-31

Hi!

The migration is underway. I'll write back once its done.

July 23, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4267429

stephaneB-31

Migration is complete

July 24, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4274375

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I have checked your live site, everything seems to work fine with the events calendar hidden link. Can you please confirm whether the issue is resolved or could you please share me the URL where the issue can be seen.

- Raja

July 24, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4275785

stephaneB-31

The live site currently has a plugin running that is "fixing" some issues. This is a temporary solution we found while waiting for you to give us the permanent solution.

You can see the issue described here:
hidden link

On the live site you will notice that if you click to see the next month, the whole French calendar switches to English. So no, it is not resolved.

July 26, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4291327

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I wanted to let you know that I am still working on it.
I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback regarding this.

I also do not work at the weekends so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards
Raja

July 29, 2019 at 4:43 am #4296883

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for your patience, I have tested this in detail,

Our team found the bug. It is necessary to fix a code snippet in the WPML and also in The Events Calendar plugin. We have sent a correction request to the authors of the plugin.

Your live site works fine since the events slug is not translated however in the staging site the event slug translated to french as eventments which is causing the issue.

To fix the issue with the calendar please enable the Language Ajax cookies in WPML > Languages section clear SG cache, Test the site in a new browser. I hope this helps you better.

I am escalating the issue to the compatibility team.

Kind regards
Raja

Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 10.09.24 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 10.09.47 AM.png
July 31, 2019 at 4:38 am #4311443

stephaneB-31

Great! I will try that.

Thanks for getting back to me. Looking forward for this to be resolved!

July 31, 2019 at 4:52 am #4311457

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

For the internal purpose, Marking the thread as escalated.