Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to make the shop banners visible in the translated language on your site using WPML String Translation, but the banners are not visible in the translated language.
Solution:
We recommend adding the following XML in WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration section:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="theme_mods_clotya-child">
      </key><key name="clotya_shop_banner_each_category">
        </key><key name="*">
          </key><key name="category_id"></key>
          <key name="category_title"></key>
          <key name="category_subtitle"></key>
          <key name="category_image"></key>
          <key name="category_button_url"></key>

</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

After adding this XML, the banner image should display correctly on the secondary language category page.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 days, 22 hours ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
September 24, 2024 at 3:46 pm #16216325

wojciechZ-6

Background of the issue:
I am trying to make the shop banners visible in the translated language on my site hidden link. I am using the default template configuration and WPML String Translation.

Symptoms:
The shop banners are not visible in the translated language.

Questions:
How can I make the shop banners visible in the translated language?

September 24, 2024 at 3:57 pm #16216392

wojciechZ-6

Banner visible: hidden link
Banner not visible: hidden link

September 24, 2024 at 4:49 pm #16216783

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please follow the below steps and let me know how it goes:

1. Please make sure the minimum requirements for WPML meet:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

2. Please make sure you are using the latest version of theme and plugins on your site.

3. Please delete all sorts of caches on your site/server cache if any / plugin cache / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache, and then see if it resolves the issue afterward.

4. Please add the debug report in the Debug Information box. I have also enabled debug info box for your next reply: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

5. If the issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is essential.

Thank you

September 25, 2024 at 8:02 am #16218660

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for providing the login details. I’ve added the below XML in WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration section:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="theme_mods_clotya-child">
      <key name="clotya_shop_banner_each_category">
        <key name="*">
          <key name="category_id" />
          <key name="category_title" />
          <key name="category_subtitle" />
          <key name="category_image" />
          <key name="category_button_url" />
        </key>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

And now the banner image shows correctly in secondary language category page as you can see in the attached screenshot. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you for your cooperation

banner secondary.png
September 25, 2024 at 8:17 am #16218870

wojciechZ-6

Hi!

When I am logged into wp-admin iit is fine, I see, BUT when I am logged out or other browser, there is different, as uploaded screen. Cookies, browser history etc. was cleared..

Pls. recheck..

Opera Zrzut ekranu_2024-09-25_101556_verk.design.png
September 25, 2024 at 9:13 am #16219213

Noman
Supporter

This type of issue usually happens due to the cache. So, I followed the below steps:

1. Opened the secondary lagnuage category page:
hidden link

2. Hover over to WP Rocket menu from admin bar and pressed the below menus:

- Clear and preload cache > All languages
- Purge this URL
- Clear Used cache for this URL as you can see in the attached screenshot

Now it seems to be show correctly after logged out to the site. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

cleared cache.png
wojciechZ-6 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-25 09:19:22.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.