Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are developing a site using WPML with translations in 4 languages. Only the English (main) language displays correctly, while other language versions appear mostly empty, including the homepage.
Solution:
The issue arises because the Zion Builder used on your site is not fully compatible with WPML. This incompatibility results in certain fields being incorrectly available for translation. To resolve this, you need to manually check the fields within the Translation Editor. Translate only the text that you have entered yourself and set the rest as copies. We have provided screenshots where texts that should not be translated are marked in red, and the translatable texts are marked in green.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If problems persist, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
September 23, 2024 at 1:04 pm

krsevanS

Background of the issue:
I am developing a site using WPML with 4 languages translated. Only the English (main) language works, while other language versions are mostly empty. The homepage in different languages is also empty. I have followed the provided instructions and documentation.

Symptoms:
Translated pages and homepage in different languages are empty.

Questions:
Why are the translated pages and homepage in different languages empty?
How can I ensure that translations appear correctly on the site?

September 23, 2024 at 1:40 pm
September 23, 2024 at 6:57 pm #16211493

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for waiting. I analyzed the specific fields that were being translated inside the Translation Editor and noticed that there are fields that should not be available for translation. That's happening because the Zion Builder is not fully compatible with WPML and many fields that should not be translated were grouped with actually translatable text. That's how the Builder was developed and is not on WPML.

To address that, you'll need to manually check the fields, inside the editor. Only translate the texts you actually input in the page, and leave the other as copies. I marked in the screenshot in red, many examples of text that should not have been translated, so you can better understand. The one marked in green is an example of a text you actually input in the page and that can be translated.

Tell me if that makes sense for you.

Advanced Translation Editor - WPML.jpeg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.