Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You want to display different currency indicators depending on the language version of the website. Specifically, you want to show 'KWD' for the English version and the Arabic symbol for the Arabic version, but currently, only the Arabic version of the currency shows on all languages.
Solution:
This functionality is not directly available with WCML, but it can be achieved through custom work using WooCommerce hooks. We recommend reviewing the solution provided in this forum thread.
NOTE: Custom code is not supported by our team. Always ensure you have a recent and working backup before implementing any changes recommended by our team or a third party.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 20, 2024 at 4:33 pm #16087823

ignacioL-10

Background of the issue:
I am wondering whether it is possible to show different currency indicators depending on the language version of the website being displayed. For example, when browsing the English version, show the 'KWD' currency indicator for Kuwait dinars, while when browsing the Arabic version I'd rather have the symbol in Arabic text. So far I have only managed to show the Arabic version of the currency on all languages. The site I need help with is hidden link.

Symptoms:
I can only show the Arabic version of the currency on all languages.

Questions:
Is it possible to show different currency indicators depending on the language version of the website being displayed?
How can I configure WPML to show 'KWD' for the English version and the Arabic symbol for the Arabic version?

August 20, 2024 at 10:25 pm #16088442

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

That is not a feature with WCML, however it is possible with some custom work using WooCommerce hooks.

Please review the solution in this thread:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-of-custom-currency-symbols-in-woocommerce-using-wpml/

NOTE: Custom code is not supported by our team & always have a recent and working backup before making any changes recommended by our team or a 3rd party

ignacioL-10 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-22 14:20:53.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.